American Idol's ratings in free-fall?

RockHard
This topic is 4370 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I said looks or persona. With Britney Spears, the epitome of white-hot trailer trash, it was more looks. With Madonna, it was more persona, a controversial, attention-grabbing persona both on stage and off. With recording sales in a freefall, most of the money in the music industry is made by touring. Today more than ever, it seems that looks and/or persona matter far more than actual singing talent. Me? I'd much rather attend a performance by a brilliant singer, looks be damned. But it seems the kids who pour most of the money into tour ticket sales don't feel the same way.

OK I agree with you here. I do believe there is alot more to Madonna than there is to Britney. At least Madonna actually sings during most of her songs at her concerts (Superbowl excluded). Britney is known for lip-syncing through almost an entire two hour concert. I also think that Madonna is quite bright and has a strong business sense .

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived