R.I.P. Columbia Crew

ad rian
This topic is 7776 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That's true. Maybe, but that's not what the Israeli astronaut said before or during the flight. I sure wish all of the stronauts were scientists and pacifists not belicose fighter pilots.

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, am I the only one here who thinks that space travel is very expensive way for us to learn about the ties that bind us as human beings on earth? It seems to me we have a lot of unfinished business here that we cn do at a fraction of the cost.

>Kalpana Chalwa, the Columbia crewwoman originally from India,

>said in an interview that she didn't feel Indian in space.

>She had told India Today: "When you look at the stars and the

>galaxy, you feel that you are not just from any particular

>piece of land, but from the solar system."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>With massive and entirely peaceful protests.

>Would you advocate the same for Israel?

The 'same' what? What occupation would the Israelis be protesting by staging massive demonstrations? Is anyone occupying Israeli territory?

>Treaties which your friends in Israel refuse to sign?

>Interesting! Moral relativism lives on in the M4M world.

They are in good company. The U.S. has refused to sign or ratify a number of such treaties, including one on the use of land mines and another on the use of chemical weapons.

>>I think the Security Council is the best judge

>Without the udse of a U.S. veto, that would have happened long

>ago, but even with the threat of such veto, the Security

>Council and General Assembly have found Isarael in breach of

>many UN resolutions. Sorry, charlie!

I am not aware that the Council has ever even considered a resolution authorizing the use of force by anyone against Israel, so the U.S. has never vetoed such a resolution. If you say otherwise, when was this resolution introduced and what is its designation?

ad rian,

I am amazed that your hatred of all things jewish could take this tragedy and turn it into another platform for your vitriol. To answer your question, yes I mourn the loss of any human life. am I a pacifist, no, not really, but whenever a life is lost by accident or because of someone's hatred, jealousy, envy, politics, lifestyle, bias,or any deranged behavior, that life is a life unfinished. All such loss should be mourned, and those left behind..family & friends, should have our condolences. You are entitled to your opinion, but your lack of taste and judgement in responding to what was a justified sentiment expressed by Huey in the form of a memorial, shows that when you deny being a racist, it is a lie on it's face. You sir have no wisdom. If you wish to convert others to your way of thinking, instead of railing at the world, try being human. I have watched you take shot after shot. always race based, and while you may have an IQ in the 170's you sure aren't very smart!

Archived