Facebook

Travis69
This topic is 4390 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Facebook IPO is hitting the market on May 17th. Buying it or do think it's over hyped?

Damn good question Travis....I have been running that through my head since I heard. I have talked to friends of mine that buy and sell stock for a living, and no one seems to want to commit to giving advice. I think it could go either way, but the problem is that the initial offering isn't going to be cheap.

IPO price is supposed to be $28 to $35. I get the impression it's going to be rather hard to get it at the IPO price unless you have good connections. I bought Amazon and Apple long after their IPO and still made out quite well. Just not sure if Facebook is going to soar or fizzle.

My gut tells me that it might fizzle...but then again, it is hard for me to imagine something the size of facebook not breaking well. At anyrate, I think you are right Travis, even at $35 you will need connections. The greedy part of me says take a chance, but the sensible part of me says, don't risk the money.

Archived