200 years

gcursor
This topic is 4550 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was watching the documentary THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD IN 2 hours from History channel and I started thinking about something. Think about how far we've progressed since the colonial times. Tobacco was a popular crop back then because of the soil conditions. Rum was a drink enjoyed by all. Kids passed the time playing outside or playing with inexpensive hand-made toys. This was before the age of modern medicine so people died from infected wounds or from diseases which can be cured with a pill today.

So much has changed since that time so long ago..with that thought in mind, what do you think 200 years will be like into our future? What will life be like and what new devices will enrich our lives ?

gcursor

So much has changed since that time so long ago..with that thought in mind, what do you think 200 years will be like into our future? What will life be like and what new devices will enrich our lives ?

Post the Singularity, rogue self-replicating robots will roam the rubble, probing for one more living human upon which to spray the horrendous viral particles they carry. Alas, they will probe in vain, for even homo sapien's mutated posterity will be long since extinct.

The population with be decimated do to our inability to grow food in a sustainable way and half of North America will be under water since we won't have polar caps. I t of course doesn't help our odds since Skynet has already become self-aware.

The population with be decimated do to our inability to grow food in a sustainable way and half of North America will be under water since we won't have polar caps. I t of course doesn't help our odds since Skynet has already become self-aware.

Lol...I don't hold out too many chances for humanity in the next 20 years, let alone 200

Archived