Costa Brava --- Languedoc

ragazzolupo
This topic is 4389 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am planning a little driving trip to see Carcassonne and parts of Languedoc along the Spanish border as well as the northern coast of the Costa Brava. Any thoughts from members on site, boys, hotels, restaurants, or those things I have forgotten to ask about? Perpignan? Narbonne? Andorra?

Help is much appreciated. Cathar country!

Dear Brooklyn Guy,

I thought that "Traveling Members Forum" was "A place for members to post their travel plans in case paths cross."

I would be happy to meet a traveling member in Languedoc in early June, but I was thinking more of gleaning past experience. Am I in the wrong place here?

Dear Brooklyn Guy,

I thought that "Traveling Members Forum" was "A place for members to post their travel plans in case paths cross."

I would be happy to meet a traveling member in Languedoc in early June, but I was thinking more of gleaning past experience. Am I in the wrong place here?

No you're not.

I am planning a little driving trip to see Carcassonne and parts of Languedoc along the Spanish border as well as the northern coast of the Costa Brava. Any thoughts from members on site, boys, hotels, restaurants, or those things I have forgotten to ask about? Perpignan? Narbonne? Andorra?

I don't know who long you will be in the area, which is really beautiful and has a lot to offer, but definitely the best places to get laid in the area are Barcelona and Sitges, which are not too far from the Languedoc -Rousillon area. If you want to stick to close to the border, you should go to Cadaques; If you like gay beaches, you must go to Plage de L'Espiguette. Simple, beautiful and sometimes packed with sexy naked gay guys.

I hope you have a blast! It's an incredible area andy you should have no problem finding what to do.

Thank you Juan for your thoughts. I have less than a week before I have to be in Barcelona for business, so I am looking for a leisurely trip. I had thought about going to both Cadaques and Girona. From seeing the pictures of Carcassone many years ago, and wanting to see it, I made it my goal in my giro turistico. I also thought that it might be fun to see a little of the little country of Andorra. I might go to "see" the beach but I am not very beachy, my skins burns really fast.

Spent two weeks last summer near Carcassone in a little medieval town called Mirepoix at the Relais Royal, which also has an unbelievable restaurant. Great jumping off point to see everything in the area. Had a great picnic at the nearby lake with a wonderful views. Check out Market day which is Wednesday for some great local foods and hand made everything. Saw great fun all over the area.

Dear Racketjock and trilingual, Thanks for the comments. I may have found a companion through gayromeo and the Relais Royal looks fabulous, .... but is unavailable when I will be in the neighborhood. Perhaps the restaurant? As for Andorra, duty-free - no! But high Pyrenees - yes!

Archived