Glee 5/1/2012

josephga
This topic is 4399 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not sure what I think about the storyline of Coach Beastie and domestic violence. I completely understand the part where she doesn't feel like anyone else will love her, but I just think that it is the "volatile topic dujour" for Glee.

Bullying... check that one off..... teen suicide... check that one off the list.......underage drinking.... done that one.....domestic violence......check..... what is next? date rape?.... drug abuse????

Not sure what I think about the storyline of Coach Beastie and domestic violence. I completely understand the part where she doesn't feel like anyone else will love her, but I just think that it is the "volatile topic dujour" for Glee.

Bullying... check that one off..... teen suicide... check that one off the list.......underage drinking.... done that one.....domestic violence......check..... what is next? date rape?.... drug abuse????

I found it hard to buy into the fact that she was a str8 woman... but got past that..... I guess the point of the storyline was to show that even the "toughest person" is capable of being abused. so you never know. Be aware !

I like Glee, not as much as I did at first, but that's to be expected I guess. I really did not like the plot line where Rachael choked. Did not like to see her dreams crushed. But, knowing her, I'm sure she'll be back on course soon.

I really did not like the plot line where Rachael choked. Did not like to see her dreams crushed. But, knowing her, I'm sure she'll be back on course soon.

You don't see the setup for Whoopi Goldberg's messianic return after Rachel's mother (Idina Menzel) pleads her case? For me it's like a flashing neon sign. :p

Not to hijack this thread, but I was surprised noone posted after last week's Whitney Houston episode. It was definately one of my favorites. Great music with great arrangments and great choreography. Was very enjoyable to watch.

Not to hijack this thread, but I was surprised noone posted after last week's Whitney Houston episode. It was definately one of my favorites. Great music with great arrangments and great choreography. Was very enjoyable to watch.

Certainly the music MADE the episode. i enjoyed as well....

It requires blatant delusion to believe the actors playing these characters as high school students, but suspending that belief, I am amazed at the varied talent and depth of who they brought together for this show. By and large the actors, writers, and music arrangers have done more in reviving different genres of music, both present and past, than anything that has come along in while. It will certainly be a show that speaks to this generation. And as someone who has worked in the public school system, its impact either as a hit show, its themes, and its subject matter for theatre and performance has been amazingly positive to see.

Archived