North Michigan Avenue - Chicago Hotel Suggestions

FrancoDiSantisxxx
This topic is 7827 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest RetrdEscrt

Both are O.K personally I'd go with the Westin for me it has a better atmosphere than the Hyatt.

Though the 2 best hotels i have stayed in whilst working in the Windy City are the Omni and the Inter-Continental (a great hotel).

Though I live here, I've frequented most of the Mag Mile hotels before I retired as a client. :-) I have to agree....the Westin over the Hyatt any day. Better hotel and better location. And Westin has the "Heavenly Bed".

I would also second the Omni Chicago if you can get a good rate on Priceline or a promotion. It's an all suite hotel.

Barry :-)

>Comments, thoughts and opinions, please on North Michigan

>Avenue hotels, specifically the Hyatt Regency and the Westin,

>which both work with Priceline and are four star

>establishments, for clients to come and see me?

What Barry said. Also, you might check out the new Le Meridien, my current favorite on Michigan Avenue. Their winter rates aren't half bad.

Franco

I am a native to Chicago, and only recently since moving to SF have I stayed in Chicago hotels.

Definately go for the Westin. There are two, one on Michigan Av, like 900 block. It is nice, heavenly bed, big closet, and is an older traditional hotel. Also in heart of Mag Mile shopping. There is another Westin nearby in River North area. Bit away from Mag Mile, but easy walk. I found this property much nicer. It used to be Nikko hotel. Now it has an Art Deco decor, nice room, views, etc.

If you got lots of extra cash, the Four Seasons on Michigan Av (across from the older Westin) is very nice. One of the nicest hotels in the US.

Guest rizzuto

As a client, I strongly recommend the Westin River North.Rooms and bathrooms are large and well-stocked, nice views of the river, and you're across the street from several upscale watering holes (wine bar, House of Blues) if you want to spend some time there before/after.

When staying on the North end of Michigan Ave, I really enjoy the Doubletree Suites, just one block east of the ave on Erie Street (I think??? Why can't Chicago have numbered streets) I have always gotten respectable rates, plus it's a nice two room small suite with a nice living room type set-up. Perfect for those get acquainted kisses and gropes. And then the nice hand held stroll (short) to the BR. Plus you get HHonors points. LOL

Guest footguy

If you have to choose between the Hyatt or the Westin, definitely take the Westin! The Hyatt is a zoo--lots of convention traffic. However, if you can go beyond these two choices, stay at the Intercontinental--it's right on North Michigan at the river and it's a fabulous hotel. Be sure to book a room in the South (historic) tower.

I was going to stay at the Westin last August, but got a better deal at the Inter-Continental, which had a pool. In addition, I'd stayed there several times before and knew it would be good. A friend stayed at the Westin; he's very picky and pronounced it "OK". The Inter-Continetal is in a better location, has a wonderful breakfast buffet (which I usually don't like), and excellent service. The best rooms are in the North Wing, which is newer (it used to be a seperate hotel under the same management). The rooms in the older wing are a little small.

One place I'd avoid is the Marriott (almost across the stree from the Inter-Continental). Mediocre food, noisy, and lackluster rooms.

Archived