Urgent time value message - Prop 8 Play available online until midnight March 10

uwsman2
This topic is 4472 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The American Foundation for Equal Rights, the organization that was formed to bring the Proposition 8 litigation in California, held a theater benefit last Saturday - a staged reading of Dustin Lance Black's play, "8", which is based on the transcript of the Propositino 8 trial. They had an all-star volunteer cast, including Brad Pitt portraying Judge Vaughn Walker, George Clooney as David Boies, Martin Sheen as Ted Olson, and Kevin Bacon as Charles Cooper. It was streamed live on-line, rather late for us east-coast types. The other day I received an email from AFER indicating that one could view the play on their website, but only until this Saturday (March 10) at midnight. I watched it yesterday. Fantastic! So if you are interested, don't delay. Go to AFER.org. The play runs about an hour and 45 minutes. There is also a 15 minute intro that you can skip if pressed for time.

"8" A Powerful Court Room Drama on Proposition 8 Available On-Line

The American Foundation for Equal Rights' date=' the organization that was formed to bring the Proposition 8 litigation in California, held a theater benefit last Saturday - a staged reading of Dustin Lance Black's play, "8", which is based on the transcript of the Propositino 8 trial. They had an all-star volunteer cast, including Brad Pitt portraying Judge Vaughn Walker, George Clooney as David Boies, Martin Sheen as Ted Olson, and Kevin Bacon as Charles Cooper. It was streamed live on-line, rather late for us east-coast types. The other day I received an email from AFER indicating that one could view the play on their website, but only until this Saturday (March 10) at midnight. I watched it yesterday. Fantastic! So if you are interested, don't delay. Go to AFER.org. The play runs about an hour and 45 minutes. There is also a 15 minute intro that you can skip if pressed for time.[/quote']

I enjoyed watching "8" and was particularly pleased that Matt Bomer, Chris Colfer, Rory O'Malley and Hensen Panettiere participated. It is also available directly on YouTube, not sure if that will be the case after this weekend. uwsman2, thank you so much for posting about "8."

Archived