An apology if my words about new orleans were misunderstood

Michael Wayne
This topic is 4491 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was not trashing my old city at all. was just there for mardi gras and had a blast. All i have been saying is a reiteration of the facts about the crime and emphasizing that we all need to use common sense concerning our safety in nola and everywhere else we travel. I adore NOLA and encourage everyone to visit . PLAY SAFE AND THINK SAFETY FIRST! http://WWW.RENTBOY.COM/MIKEY9NOLA1 ( THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GREATER NOLA CONVENTION AND TOURISM BUREAU) LOL

I was not trashing my old city at all. was just there for mardi gras and had a blast. All i have been saying is a reiteration of the facts about the crime and emphasizing that we all need to use common sense concerning our safety in nola and everywhere else we travel. I adore NOLA and encourage everyone to visit . PLAY SAFE AND THINK SAFETY FIRST! http://WWW.RENTBOY.COM/MIKEY9NOLA1 ( THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GREATER NOLA CONVENTION AND TOURISM BUREAU) LOL

No need to apologize Mikey, NOLA is a GREAT city, but crime is a fact of life, and it was wise of you to mention it to fellow posters who might want to travel there. My dear friends who live there, mention their concern about the crime all the time. Although they won't leave, it is something that people need to be aware of.

I have relatives in Covington on the North Shore and visit every year or so. I have some fantastic memories of New Orleans. The last time we visitied we booked Hotel Saint Marie for one night and hit Bourbon St. We went to one of those frozen cocktail places and had a passer by take a picture of us. Unbeknown to me and my family, there was a sign above us that had list and said at the bottom "Come in and try us" The last cocktail said Blow Job and so above my head the picture reads "Blow Job, Come in and Try Us"

We didn't notice until weeks later when I was back in England

On a more serious note, I have never been threatened in NO but I have witnessed crime and my niece was held at gunpoint in Metairie after leaving school in her car. All for a mobile phone

Certainly, there was "crime" before the Big Wind, and, crime remains a major problem with the city that care forgot. My family has had an association with the city from the time "before the war", and, in my opinion, the ambience, if you will, changed with the storm. My great-uncle Orville, a bon vivant who owned two hotels, once made remark that he could dispense with the Big People who, more often than now, "wouldn't waste spit on a man if he caught fire" because "in the end it's the Little People that make the difference in our lives. The "little people", the "heartbeat" of thing, who enabled the ambience of the city were scattered to the four corners of the earth with the Big Wind, and, life in New Orleans will never be the same. . .

I didn't read what you said, but your headline for this thread amuses me. You are apologizing to someone who misunderstood you. Wouldn't that be their problem? I mean, they did the misunderstanding, not you.

Perhaps what you are really apologizing for is not being clear in your remarks.

Archived