Anyone wanna travel to Rio or Thailand?

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 4469 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am trying to schedule my vacations for the year. I want to do one trip to Bangkok/Pattaya (first trip ever to Thailand) and one trip to Rio (4th time).

Unfortunately, my regular travel buddy has already scheduled his time off work and it doesnt work with any time I can get.. I was wondering if anyone from here would be interested or has already planned trips to either of those places and wouldn't mind some company for part of the trip. (Or is anyone who resides in either place would welcome some American company)

For the Rio trip, I have been enough times that I could be "tourguide" to help a newbie get acclimated to the scene. But in Thailand, I would most welcome someone who knows the "lay of the land" who could show me around. But it could be fun to explore it with another newbie as well.

My "parameters" for vacation are as follows...

1) I will be able to be gone for 9 days total, including travel days

2) I cannot be gone over end of month/first of month

3) Best case scenario for me is start mid-week, and be gone only one Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon

Was hoping to get first week in between say, April and June or so.. I WANT and NEED to get away before too long.

Thanks guys. I hope to meet some more of you soon.

Lurkerspeaks

Some would say you are baba bobo to visit Thailand during April when it is scorching hot and the cooling monsoon rains have not yet arrived. But in my humble and crazy opinion it is one of the best times even if it makes it hard to be rip roi as sweat pours down ones back.

Less tourists than for example October. And dang some of the beaches are dee mak. Hope you have a great time.

No matter how hot it is I'd not be able to resist a visit to the Northeast for some ahan Isan, definitely sap lai as the Lao/Isan Thai say.

Oh and once you learn even one phrase (saplai meaning better than delicious is a good one) in passat Isan (as oposed to passat Thai) you will be friends every cute busboy and laborer across Thailand.

I am trying to schedule my vacations for the year. I want to do one trip to Bangkok/Pattaya (first trip ever to Thailand) and one trip to Rio (4th time).

Unfortunately, my regular travel buddy has already scheduled his time off work and it doesnt work with any time I can get.. I was wondering if anyone from here would be interested or has already planned trips to either of those places and wouldn't mind some company for part of the trip. (Or is anyone who resides in either place would welcome some American company)

For the Rio trip, I have been enough times that I could be "tourguide" to help a newbie get acclimated to the scene. But in Thailand, I would most welcome someone who knows the "lay of the land" who could show me around. But it could be fun to explore it with another newbie as well.

My "parameters" for vacation are as follows...

1) I will be able to be gone for 9 days total, including travel days

2) I cannot be gone over end of month/first of month

3) Best case scenario for me is start mid-week, and be gone only one Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon

Was hoping to get first week in between say, April and June or so.. I WANT and NEED to get away before too long.

Thanks guys. I hope to meet some more of you soon.

Lurkerspeaks

Archived