411 on tantric massage in NY?

beethoven
This topic is 2655 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

IMO ask questions. Most who offer tantric massage Have no real knowledge of true tantric massage. It's also difficult massage to explain to clients as well. Since there are no real standards it's hard to defined. Some providers just use the term tantric as a code word for sensual or erotic massage. A real tantric massage involves breathing techniques and energy work. Most who offer a true tantric massage also do not provide a release. Some clients can lose control and will sometimes ejaculate but its not the providers goal. they believe in this build up of energy from the session that the client takes with them

I know a lot about Tantric Massage & Charkra Balancing. The fact that he is is referencing a book & verses from it tells me he actually read it. Even the comments are very good. I think he sounds legit Though if its just a massage it may be a bit priced too high.

I don't know this individual, but have had four "tantric" massages in my life. The first one I had was many years ago from a guy in LA. It was fantastic. I was blown away (no pun intended) by the experience... it took 4 hours, and a lot of time was devoted to breathing exercises in combination with the massage. It truly boosted my energy level for several days. The second time I had a "tantric" massage was terrible. You would have thought I had agreed to be pummeled to death... when I told him it was too rough and not pleasurable, it just encouraged him to do more of the same. I stopped mid-way through the session, paid him his fee and left. The third time was with a guy in NYC, and it was much like the first session I had. The fourth time, was so-so, and not much different than most erotic massages I have had. My sense was that he was just using the term "tantric" to help him market. So, as Irish has said, ask a lot of questions, and then decide if you want to venture into a session with this guy, and determine if you really want to pay the fee. I have had two incredible tantric massages, and if I knew that the guy advertising tantric knew what he was doing, I would go for it again. But the bad and so-so experiences have made me weary of the advertising, which is too bad for the authentic practicioners of the art.

DD

My sense was that he was just using the term "tantric" to help him market. So, as Irish has said, ask a lot of questions, and then decide if you want to venture into a session with this guy, and determine if you really want to pay the fee. I have had two incredible tantric massages, and if I knew that the guy advertising tantric knew what he was doing, I would go for it again. But the bad and so-so experiences have made me weary of the advertising, which is too bad for the authentic practicioners of the art.

DD

I agree, many use the term "tantric" way too loosely. I take my tantric massage & chakra balancing very seriously. In this type of massage it takes time to get oneself to a state of balance. Usually it takes quite a few sessions before an individual is balanced & centered enough to reach the ultimate state of Kundalini. To me tantric massage is when all four elements are used equally. Mental,Physical,Emotional & Spiritual.

Irish69

"RikTigger"

• 5 years later...

Archived