Share Nightclub - Las Vegas

eeyore
This topic is 4483 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A new gay semi-upscale nightclub opened in November in Vegas called SHARE. It was written up in the local gay magazine QVegas so I decided to take one for the team and do some reconnaissance. Downstairs there is a gay dance club. Upstairs there is another lounge called the Ultra Lounge which has a bar area with open seating and VIP Private rooms.

I went there on a Saturday night, arriving about 10 pm since that was when the doors to the downstairs lounge were supposed to open. The dance club downstairs was still closed but the Ultra lounge upstairs was open. There was a small but friendly group of locals there and a go-go boy soliciting lap dances. He was friendly, good looking and not overly pushy, but just not my type. I asked some of the locals how things worked here. Apparently, Share has an 'entertainment' license which means you can take a dancer with you into one of the private VIP rooms. Supposedly, what transpires and for how much/how long is negotiated with with the individual dancer. I didn't do any privates so I can't give a first hand report. I can say that the photos of the club on their web site are accurate. The VIP rooms are very clean, private and pleasant. The entire upstairs lounge has a laid back and friendly atmosphere.

The downstairs dance floor finally opened its doors at 11:30pm. It was an event weekend (AVN show). There were probably six or so dancers downstairs who were very hot. They were stage and platform dancing - not circulating. The downstairs is also pleasant and upscale with several VIP areas available for rent or drink minimum, attended to by very attractive shirtless shot boys.

I went back upstairs and hung out for awhile longer. I saw two dancers go in the VIP rooms with patrons. One was incredibly hot, and I definitely would have done a private for the team, but he didn't come back out before my bedtime…

Being Vegas, smoking is allowed everywhere but it wasn't that oppressive. Also, Vegas is a late night town, so things don't start happening until late, i.e. 11:30 plus. This was an event weekend but I think they have go-go boys every night .

The upstairs Ultra Lounge supposedly opens a 6:00pm for happy hour. I don't think the dancer boys arrive until much later. The Ultra lounge had a nice group of local patrons who seemed quite friendly, and willing to strike up a conversation with an out-of-towner. So you can just go and have a good time and maybe make some local friends and just hang out. I was probably the oldest one there, and I'm normally totally invisible, but I didn't feel out of place.

There was no cover before 12:00pm. The advertised cover is $20 for out-of-towners but it's worth checking their web site for promotions. The night I went you could text them a code and supposedly that would get you in free, but I didn't need to do this.

And I checked in on Facebook which got me two free drink tickets!

Anyway, it's an easy cab ride from the strip and surrounding hotels; something gay and different to do for a night in Vegas; and maybe worthy of some deeper reconnaissance if you are a night owl.

Share gay Nightclub, bar and Ultra Lounge is located at 4636 Wynn Road which is in the industrial/wharehouse area near the Orleans Hotel. http://www.sharenightclub.com/

...Apparently, Share has an 'entertainment' license which means you can take a dancer with you into one of the private VIP rooms. Supposedly, what transpires and for how much/how long is negotiated with with the individual dancer...
Any idea of what they charge for use of the VIP rooms?

Any idea of what they charge for use of the VIP rooms?

The VIP rooms downstairs in the dance club have a table or drink charge minimum are attended to by shirtless shot boys. I'm not sure how much to rent these areas. They are only semi-private in the sense that they offer a relaxing place to sit and watch the dance floor and stage. Upstairs was relatively quiet. I didn't see any 'ticket takers' for the private rooms upstairs (which are quite nice), so I'm not sure how it works upstairs exactly. Maybe this is negotiated with the dancer, although some patrons just went and sat and hung with their friends in some of the vacant private lounges. I don't think they paid anything. Clearly, deeper reconnaissance is necessary.

How long was he in there for?! I take it there are no time limits.

And thanks for the great report.

I didn't hang out that long. Maybe 20-30 minutes. Third party scuttle butt is that everything is negotiated with the individual dancer. By that time it was getting quite late given that nothing really started happening until after 11:30pm, which I guess is quite typical of the Vegas club scene. It is definitely a VERY late night club town unfortunately. I'm the first to admit that deeper reconnaissance is necessary.

Vegas, surprisingly has been dry for a long time for anything gay. Looks like its turning a corner.

This club has only been open for a few months. Third parties said that it used to be a straight strip club. I guess we just keep our fingers crossed on this one and hope it succeeds.

Archived