411 on 8 Mile Jack in Chicago

dutchal
This topic is 4504 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had an appointment with him in Dallas (in November I think). The massage was okay, but he wasn't very into it. He told me to hold on at least twice while he texted/played on his iphone. He delivered all the basics, but there was no passion. Although he's been back to Dallas, I haven't been tempted to hire him again.

I had an appointment with him in Dallas (in November I think). The massage was okay, but he wasn't very into it. He told me to hold on at least twice while he texted/played on his iphone. He delivered all the basics, but there was no passion. Although he's been back to Dallas, I haven't been tempted to hire him again.

What a shame because the body is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree. I saw him a couple of months ago. He was easy to schedule with and the massage was fairly good. He has some real strength and looks exactly like his picture. But he clearly wasn't into it. I think it might be a bit different if you were more of a muscle worshiper - he may be more responsive. He was a little tought on me during the massage and my neck hurt for a day or so after so that is primarily why I wouldn't use him again. But regardless he seemed like a fair nice guy.

I would agree. I saw him a couple of months ago. He was easy to schedule with and the massage was fairly good. He has some real strength and looks exactly like his picture. But he clearly wasn't into it. I think it might be a bit different if you were more of a muscle worshiper - he may be more responsive. He was a little tought on me during the massage and my neck hurt for a day or so after so that is primarily why I wouldn't use him again. But regardless he seemed like a fair nice guy.

Sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing then. Massage should never hurt, especially not the next day. Yikes!

A good deep tissue massage can leave you sore the next day. the kind of soreness that would compared too the feeling after a workout at a gym for the first few times similar to the effects you get the next day after you have started a new exercise routine. There's times I've had to go very deep to workout the kinks that left people sore a few days. Every massage I have ever had left me sore for a few days. sometimes even I had bruising under the arm pits. I always ask people what kind of massage are they looking for? Those who are new too deep tissue I let them know that there's a chance of soreness the next day or 2. I guess it depends on what one defines as hurt compared too being sore

A good deep tissue massage can leave you sore the next day. the kind of soreness that would compared too the feeling after a workout at a gym for the first few times similar to the effects you get the next day after you have started a new exercise routine. There's times I've had to go very deep to workout the kinks that left people sore a few days. Every massage I have ever had left me sore for a few days. sometimes even I had bruising under the arm pits. I always ask people what kind of massage are they looking for? Those who are new too deep tissue I let them know that there's a chance of soreness the next day or 2. I guess it depends on what one defines as hurt compared too being sore

Thanks for chiming in, Josephga. You're right of course. The original poster said it hurt, and I just took that to mean it was past soreness and actually a more acute pain. Mea culpa if such was not the case. It does sound from the poster's description that the masseur was going for a deep tissue approach so it could have been residual soreness. Most important thing is if it hurts, tell your therapist to let up. :) I'm a big sissy and I'll definitely let my masseur's know if it's too much.

Lohengrin

Archived