A suicide at Campus (Montreal)?

Samai139
This topic is 4495 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone hear of an apparent suicide of a waiter/bartender at Campus? A friend who goes there regularly called and asked me if I knew anything about this.
Do you have any more details? I think you and I probably know most of the waiters and bartenders, and many of them have worked there a long time.

newatthis---no I don't. I haven't been to Montreal in over a year, and so I am not familiar with any waiters who have come recently. My friend said that one of his friends who went to Montreal last weekend heard about it, but didn't know or remember the name. Apparently there have been changes amongst the wait staff at Campus? I used to know some of them, but I suspect those fellows are no longer working--specifically, Antoine, Chris, and the one fellow who transferred to Stock whose name escapes me at the moment---he was there for a very long time.

Well I was in Montreal last week but left on Thursday to head back to the US. I only went to Stock during my visit (and Dennis the waiter was doing fine). No-one at Stock mentioned anything about a suicide at Campus.......but if it happened over the weekend, then I would have been gone before that.

A separate issue, but folks at did mention the Stock dancer who was killed in an auto accident in December. I think his name was Nicolai. Lost control of his car at a very fast speed and flipped it. Car caught fire and he burned. Really sad......but this is a separate issue from the Campus discussion.

I was in Montreal on Dec 14-18, and it happened while I was there, I believe it was the 15th. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the victim, but I know that it was a waiter, not a bartender. Understandably, the mood was low that day, and since I don't know any of the staff personally, I felt it was best to let them grieve among themselves and not inquire about the incident.

Karl-G: thanks for supplying Dennis' name--he's a super fellow and I'm glad to know he is still at Stock---a real gentleman.

Sorry to hear of the death of the dancer from Stock. I had a few lap dances from a fellow named Nicolas. Hope it wasn't him.

And thanks to all who replied to the original question. I'll tell my friend that he will just have to be patient until he goes to Montreal again. He was concerned because there was a waiter at Campus who manned the elevator for him whenever he visited---he has problems with stairs--and refused the tips that were offered.

To confirm Eze's report of the dancer from Stock's death. On a different post (I forget if it was this board or a different one), someone write that Nico, who danced at Stock (gorgeous young man who had a beautiful body but an unfortunate sense of rhythm) died in a car crash in December.

I never got to meet Nico but he was certainly one of my favorites to watch online. RIP.

The Campus waiters name was Damian.

He was a prior Taboo dancer who moved to Campus.

Not sure if he ever danced at Campus.

This event did not happen "at" Campus.

Taz -- thanks for letting us know. I'm very sorry to hear this. Many of us knew Damien going back to his time at Taboo. He moved to Campus as a dancer initially, along with some of the Latin Americans from Taboo (Alonzo, Jose, ... IIRC), then started busing as well as dancing, and eventually gave up dancing to wait full-time and do stand-in bar-tending. He had a real talent for drag. He, Francis, and Sam made a striking and attractive trio of "women" at the Taboo bar from time to time.

Archived