Help! I can't get YouTube

BSR
This topic is 4520 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I go to youtube.com, I can't play the videos. There's just a black box where the video should be. Sometimes I get a message saying that I either have Javascript turned off or need the latest version of Flash. I went to the Flash update site, and it said I do have the latest version of the software. So how do I turn ON Javascript so that I can watch videos again?

I had a problem with You Tube also. On Tuesday and Wednesday, there was no sound at all on the videos, but I could see perfectly. I got all sorts of advice, but nothing worked. On other sites, the sound was perfect. Tonight (Thurs), the sound on You Tube is coming back; it's about halfway there now, and I can hear, but it's still not at full volume. Maybe You Tube recognized whatever the problem was, and is fixing it? Maybe their transmitter was weak -- do they still use transmitters these days?

Archived