Fenugreek - Fun food for fragrant fabulous fucking

raulgmanzo
This topic is 4511 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I use fenugreek (methi) in seed, and powder form now and then in cooking. It is very healthy, a reputation for improving sexual function in men, treating arthritis and improving lactation in women. It also tastes quite nice in a variety of dishes.

So while shopping on Devon Ave ( maybe the best Desi/IndoPak restaurant/shopping area in America ) I was excited to buy a pile of very inexpensive fenugreek greens and did a bunch of experimenting. Stir fries, soup, chicken, you name it.

Anyone who has cooked with fenugreek may have noticed that at certain temperatures it emits a maple syrup smell. But what I didn't realize until ingesting so much recently and engaging in some vigorous sexual activity is that it can make ones perspiration (and urine actually) smell a bit like maple syrup. Isn't food fun?

Though I suppose everyone in New York already knew that about fenugreek.

Mysterious Sweet Smell From 2005 Returns to Manhattan

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/nyregion/06sweet.html

Raul

http://daddysreviews.com/review/raul_g_chicago

Indian food! Time to whip out my favorite Indian cookbook and see what I want to make for dinner.

Justaguy,

Last summer Raul re introduced me to Indian cuisine. Can you recommend any good (not fancy) Indian restaurants in DC we might go to this coming weekend?

Thank you

Boston Bill

It’s not in DC but close if you have a car. Dishes of India: http://www.dishesofndia.com

It’s not fancy, but the food is excellent and the service is superb. The rogan josh is one of the best renditions of this dish I’ve ever had. They won’t tell me what’s special about their recipe. I’ve tried a few times to duplicate it. Close but not the same. The assorted bread basket is a lot, but what you want for a group and the breads are excellent. A mango lassi to wash it all down with the way to go.

Can you recommend any good (not fancy) Indian restaurants in DC we might go to this coming weekend?

Indian Shmindian, much as I LOVE Indian food I don't think DC is the place for Desi dining.

BUT Ethiopian is a different story. Washington D.C. may have the largest Ethiopian community in the U.S. and is known to have some great Ethiopian eateries.

I think U st and 9th will be a must visit along with Silver Springs and South Arlington someday if I have time.

Think I'll post a separate thread asking about some other suspected locations in DC

Indian Shmindian, much as I LOVE Indian food I don't think DC is the place for Desi dining.

BUT Ethiopian is a different story. Washington D.C. may have the largest Ethiopian community in the U.S. and is known to have some great Ethiopian eateries.

I think U st and 9th will be a must visit along with Silver Springs and South Arlington someday if I have time.

Think I'll post a separate thread asking about some other suspected locations in DC

actually i think heritage on ct ave is a good indian restaurant. its right off dupont circle.

Archived