Alex NYC - FAIL

Midweststudentnyc
This topic is 4513 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, I admit that his photos would attract me. I'm sorry you were disappointed, but we've all been there before. I hope you didn't pay him his full fee. If you don't mind, I'm curious to know how you handled this. This just shows how important it is to have some RELIABLE reviews; I ask members of The Spa about masseurs I'm considering.

Well, again, we are limited in non-reviewing here. Let's just say, he's tall and very covered up at the door. Hat and everything. Leads you in, to find a mat on the floor not the table he said he had. Smiles a lot, says it was a misunderstanding. Still sweatshirt and sweatpants. Says he is trained, etc, and then says "can we get the money out of the way upfront?". Had misgivings, but thought once the money (125) was on the table, the clothes would come off. Puts money in pocket immediately and says that I should get a "package" that would give me more. Asked for my money back for over ten minutes and no go, just wants to give me a fantastic massage. Gave up as it wasn't a hotel, but an apartment building. Got an average massage and then told him what I thought of it after when he pretended to care. Told him I hope all his clients were such "easy money" as one of the three phone calls he got was from his banker saying his account was negative....

Midwest, thanks for those details. Now we can see how someone can pull off a scam like this. Some posters say if the guy showed up and didn't look like his pics, they would walk away. But how would they handle a situation like this? With the guy all covered up, you might not realize for certain whether he looks like his pics or not, and then he sweet talks you into giving up the cash upfront. Those scammers can be very clever.

Midwest, thanks for those details. Now we can see how someone can pull off a scam like this. Some posters say if the guy showed up and didn't look like his pics, they would walk away. But how would they handle a situation like this? With the guy all covered up, you might not realize for certain whether he looks like his pics or not, and then he sweet talks you into giving up the cash upfront. Those scammers can be very clever.

Wow, I've never had a masseur ask for money up front before a session. I guess that just has to be the huge red flag. This is obviously a scammer but I'm curious as to whether the OP discussed his expectations with "the best kept secret" beforehand and then arrived to find the modest and shy Alex in his bundles.

I have only had a masseur ask for money up front, and this was a "spa," where they then paraded 3 or 4 masseurs in front of me to choose one. Not a bad massage, but I didn't like the whole set-up. I can't say I was cheated, though.

But if I ever encountered a masseur who asked me up front, as you report, I'd leave right away. Something would have to be amiss, as no honest masseur would do that. Keeping his clothes on, so I'd hope that he looked like his pix, wouldn't get me to pay him up front. In fact, asking for money before disrobing is a red, red flag. Well, it's a lesson. Once bitten, twice shy.

Archived