WIN 7 2012 Virus Alert...

Cooper
This topic is 4550 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's called WIN 7 2012 and it's new. It happened to me.... Virus takes control of your computer then tries to sell you a virus protection plan for 1, 2, or 3 years. All they want is your credit card info. Here's an article that explains what it is and how to remove it:

http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-win-7-anti-virus-2012

Thanks Cooper. I did get the virus but ended up calling my virus protection company (McAfee) before using the fake service and they removed it. However, I have a question. McAfee also told me that I have all sorts of other virus that I have to be removed. I am glad to have it done by McAfee but wondered if I can do it myself?

BTW, as my site name is Aszpleazr it is always really hard to get passed your avatar. : )~

I had something similar happen with Vista when I first got my computer. I'm not sure if it was Vista related though. But I'd have a WARNING YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED and a bunch of virus names would show up and it would say click here to buy virus protection or something. Thing is, I already had one which seemed strange.

I just turned it upside down, took the battery out...and restarted it.

I just turned it upside down, took the battery out...and restarted it.
Actually I recall doing the same thing a while back as well.

At any rate, it is a good trick to know and can solve a multiplicity of other problems... I was also told to hold the on/off button down for 10 seconds... I really am not sure if that actually does anything... but is is supposed to short out any residual electricity in the unit... and it certainly won't hurt to do so.

Obviously, such an action is not going to work to get rid of viruses in general, though I did try it when I unfortunately got a virus a few months ago... but of course the damage already had been done.

Archived