Whitney Houston Drug/Alcohol Adiction or Sex Addiction?

taylorky
This topic is 7839 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

ummmmmmmmm no offence to her fans............but doesn't her problems fall into the "who gives a syphlitic rats ass" catergory.people in this country are starving,being harrased by the goverment,kids are being bought and sold by pervs,<<<<<i mean very young kids.etc;etc;etc;..........so i think her self created problems are pretty pale compared to the needs of real people.........hmmmmm sorry for the rant.................taylor@19:19-12/06/05

I am surprised that the Whitney Houston, nee Houston, interview with Diane Sawyer has not received comment here. Which is worse for her and for her career, admitting to drug/alcohol adiction or sex addiction? While we are at it, does anybody have the hots for Bobby Brown? Would you stay with him through his adictions?

Posted on Tue, Dec. 03, 2002

Whitney Houston acknowledges drug abuse

Associated Press

NEW YORK - Whitney Houston admits she's abused drugs in the past, but says she's gotten beyond that time through prayer.

The Grammy-winning singer also discusses the pressures of stardom and her decade-long marriage to Bobby Brown in an interview with Diane Sawyer on "Primetime," scheduled to air at 9 p.m. EST Wednesday on ABC.

When Sawyer asks her, "Is it alcohol? Is it marijuana? Is it cocaine? Is it pills?" Houston responds, "It has been at times."

"All?" Sawyer asks.

"At times," Houston says. "Uh-hm."

The 39-year-old concedes she's "addicted to a few things."

"Making love," Houston says. "I don't like to think of myself addicted. I like to think ... I had a bad habit ... which can be broken."

Houston's shockingly thin frame at last year's Michael Jackson tribute sparked reports that she was ill, which she vehemently denies. She also says she's not anorexic or bulimic.

"Let's get that straight. I am not sick. OK?" she says. "I've always been a thin girl. I am not going to be fat, ever. Let's get that straight. Whitney is not going to be fat, ever."

Brown also appears in the interview, and says he's frequently used marijuana because he's been diagnosed as bipolar. The 33-year-old was arrested last month in Atlanta on drug and traffic charges.

"Me and drugs. We're not friends. We're not friends at all," Brown says. "I'm a very high-strung person. ... (Marijuana) seems to help me ... from going up and down."

Houston says she's done partying now, and has found strength through daily prayer. Her new album, "Just Whitney," comes out Dec. 10.

"I'm not the strongest every day, but I'm not the weakest, either," she says. "And I won't break."

Guest fukamarine

>While we are at it, does anybody have the hots for Bobby Brown? >Would you stay with him through his adictions?

What a stupid question! How could anyone have the hots for him? Don't you realize he's Jewish? Get with the program!

fukamarine

RE: Whitney Houston Drug/Alcohol Adiction or Sex Addict...

This falls under the category 'self inflicted wounds'.Whitney grew up as the all good sugar sweet girl who could do no wrong and then hooked up with a bad boy i.e Bobby Brown and then realized 'hey i'm rich and famous i can get away with this shit' and so proceeded to do every drug on God's green Earth and then when she gets found out wants to bitch about it and expects everyone to feel sorry for her.The only person to feel sorry for is the shmuck who authorised the $100 million record deal :+

When she speaks she refers to herself in the third person? She's scarier than I thought.

I think she has a nice tone but she isn't a very good singer. Despite her vocal chops she never seems to be able to convey any emotion when she sings. She's just loud. Maybe it's all the drugs. ;-)

I gotta say that we have reached a strange place when "stars" choose to promote their new albums by talking about their addictions on television. What happened to performing one of the new songs or talking about the creation of the music?

As to Bobby Brown stating he is "friends" with marijuana because he is bipolar, marijuana would do NOTHING to address the symptoms of someone who actually has a bipolar mood disorder. These are just the words of an addict hoping to legitimize his drug use by claiming it is medicinal.

What's sad is that her newest album called "Just Whitney" is just terrible. . .She is getting horrible advice from Bobby or someone. I can't believe she remade Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life". The song was bad enough the first time around let alone doing it again. There is not one memorable song on the album except maybe her current single "One of These Days". It's too bad, because her stuff has been so good in the past.

>When she speaks she refers to herself in the third person?

>She's scarier than I thought.

>

From my limited experience, this is something that female stars tend to do.

I work in book publishing and in the 1980s I spent 6 difficult months working on an exercise book by a then famous movie star. Especially when looking at the photos in the book, she would refer to herself in the third person. (We'd be going over the proofs, writing captions, and instead of saying, "I look nice in that one," she do it in the third person.)

At the time it struck me as VERY strange, but I guess if Whitney does it too, it is something they teach you in diva school.

>When she speaks she refers to herself in the third person?

>She's scarier than I thought.

>

From my limited experience, this is something that female stars tend to do.

I work in book publishing and in the 1980s I spent 6 difficult months working on an exercise book by a then famous movie star. Especially when looking at the photos in the book, she would refer to herself in the third person. (We'd be going over the proofs, writing captions, and instead of saying, "I look nice in that one," she do it in the third person.)

At the time it struck me as VERY strange, but I guess if Whitney does it too, it is something they teach you in diva school.

Archived