Standing on Ceremony

uwsman2
This topic is 4557 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Went to see this highly-touted show this evening, and it lived up to expectations. No sets, no props, no costumes - just six excellent actors realizing the characters imagined by nine exceptional writers, with excellent direction, in entertaining, amusing, laugh-out-loud funny, and near tears dramatic tales relating to same-sex marriage. It's a limited run - I'm not sure how much longer, but given the celebrity of some of the actors, who are probably squeezing this in between other obligations, it probably can't be extended despite the full houses in the little Minetta Lane Theatre.

I will be in New York for three days, beginning Dec. 20 with one slot open. Too bad. I am very surprised it is not playing through the holidays...until Jan. 1. Guess that is more usual for a hit play off-Broadway than on Broadway. So far I am seeing "Faust" at the Met, Hugh Jackman and a preview of "Porgy and Bess."

Archived