Jonathan Groff Goes Nude

Lucky
This topic is 4582 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In interviews, Groff was nonchalant about the pix being on the internet, but it seems that behind the scenes his lawyers were quite busy.

So it might be too late to see the goods, unless you pick up the DVD of the film they came from when, and if, it is released.

This is what he told nymag.com:

Back when Jonathan Groff toplined a revival of Hair, he was notably the only cast member in the free-love musical who didn't have to take his clothes off. Still, don't get the wrong idea about him: Groff's not averse to going naked for a role, and in fact, images from his frontal nude scene in the film Twelve Thirty were all over the Internet last week. At last night's premiere of Venus in Fur, we asked Groff if he had any idea that the DVD screen captures had hit the Net with a vengeance. "No," he admitted. "Okay. Yeah, I did that movie a couple years ago. I really loved doing that movie, and Jeff Lipsky, our director, had done this thing, Flannel Pajamas, which had some nudity in it as well, and the thing about the nudity in that movie that he was trying to capture in our movie was the reality of it, and not trying to hide it or cut away when people would normally be naked, so, I don't know, it's just a movie I did!" Though Groff did bare his butt back when he performed in Spring Awakening, did he have any qualms about showing all in a movie? "I don't think about how it'll end up on the Internet. I just do my work and whatever happens, happens," he said. Grinning, Groff added, "I love that you're so concerned about me. People, you know, people do what they do on the Internet. But I appreciate your concern."

I also saw The Singing Forest and agree with Ed on how dreadful it was.

So dreadful that I don't even remember a nude scene.

By the time Lucky and I saw The Singing Forest, the Groff nude scene must have been cut...I do not remember it either.

The nude pictures of Groff are still available on some of the best known gay gossip sites.

Jonathan Groff's nude scene in "The Singing Forest" had him holding an legal tablet in front of his "junk". He made gestures to drop it, but never did. Another actor was also fully nude earlier in the scene. It was interesting that all of the ushers spaced themselves out and looked at the audience to ensure that no one took pictures during Groff's scene, but paid no attention at all during the other actors'.

Archived