Ain't no dust on me today, gentlemen!i

robberbaron4u
This topic is 4669 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Did I miss something? Seems you have drifted a bit off subject jimbo. I believe we were talking about how one communicates with others. As far as assuming that most of us here are bargain hunters, I take great issue with that...without going into great detail, I sir, am not a bargain hunter. I Have NEVER done $50 blowjobs, have NEVER negotiated the price down on any hire, and most certainly would not even consider street trade (well, there was that time in Thailand) but you can't blame me for that, I had been drinking and, well, the boy was simply magnificent!! Spent the better part of two weeks with me, and in the end, I paid top shelf price for him. Ok ok, now I am off subject, sorry I'll go to bed now.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my considered opinion, a culture that is not complimented with colorful speech and a distinctive literary style is a dismal thing; pray, contemplate life under Oliver Cromwell and the Protectorate. I trust, sir, that you are not a member of your local school board, or, worse, an educator.

My dear Robber (may I address you thus?),

Appreciating, as I do to a most immoderate degree, and notwithstanding my industrious efforts to restrain my unfettered admiration of your demonstration of perfection in the exercise of epistolary excellence, the meticulous attention with which you devote your undoubtedly invaluable time to the refinement of your prose, which is in truth, if I may add, which I fully intend to do forthwith, heedless of any potential objection, however forceful it may prove, in due course, to be, the very acme of perfection in the style of our dear departed Richard Brinsley, I must nevertheless and with considerable deference and mindful of the consternation into which, however unintentionally, my temerity may throw your delicate sensibilities, most respectfully inquire of you whether, or indeed, not, the intent of your message may have been, however inadvertently, distorted in the most distressing way by the clumsy carelessness of some witless clerk, to wit, by the substitution of the letter "i" for the letter "e" in the otherwise most apposite word to communicate the undoubtedly most profound and penetrating perception of your perfectly polished prose, "complement."

I beg you to accept, my dearest Robber, this tiniest, most trivial, indeed most trifling of doubts.

Your unworthy, nay, nigh unto wormlike, correspondent,

gp0560

Being that it serves to amuse on a rainy day, your reply brought a smile to my lips. I daresay no small amount of effort went into the composition of your missive, and, having "aggravated" your gray matter, I have "done good". Sadly, I have outlived my "clerks", the last, one of nature's noble men, having deceased in January after a long, and, valiant, battle against MS. In your kindness, please forgive my digression from the import of your reply. Glancing at my calendar, I travel on Wednesday. I shall avail myselfof the attentions of "Dani", and, in due course, report back to my fellow travelers as to whether or not Flavio's recommendation of him is warranted. Be prudent in your play, gentlemen.

Archived