Conan The Barbarian

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4651 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Can't remember seeing another thread on this film so if there is one, my apologizes for starting a new one.

I saw this today. It is an update (rather than a remake) of the original that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Jason Momoa plays the title role and he is fun to watch and certainly fun to look at (as anyone who has seen HBO's Game Of Thrones can attest.)

While I could try to spend some time commenting on the story, cinematography and action scenes, Momoa is the real (guilty pleasure) reason to see this film. He does most of his stunts. He also spends a lot of time shirtless and has one love scene that ends with a spectacular shot of his hard as a rock ass . Yes I believe you could bounce a $1 dollar gold piece off his butt. I didn't say a quarter because I didn't want it too seem to anyone that I thought Conan was a two-bit barbarian. He is every bit a full gold barbarian.

As for the writing...eh? When asked by the young maiden if Conan ever wondered if they were part of some higher purpose, Conan replied;

I live

I love

I slay

I am content.

As long as his hard bare ass is there to bounce coins off of, well

I live

I gape

I drool

I am content.

I seem to have turned into that creepy old guy in the dark movie theater....Oh well.....

I just realized who this Jason guy is. Actually I always though that he was the least attractive of the lifeguards during his Baywatch days... and definitely the lifeguard least likely to appear in a production of Hamlet. I guess his body has matured a bit more than his acting talents. Still, I don't think I'll be playing the part of that proverbial dirty old man sitting in the back of the theater...

Archived