Happy Birthday Leigh Bess Toad

nate_sf
This topic is 4664 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lee.... I am quite sure you will find an appropriate way to celebrate, but hope you can walk straight as a result.... LOL... and THANKS for the great job you are doing in the Gallery. Hope to see you in September.

DD

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BoyFriend ? wife ? kids??? Its a modern day-Brady bunch !. Kudos to you for having such a "together" life now.....

When my boyfriend is constantly worried about being fair and understanding of my wife's situation, you know I've got a keeper.

When my wife calls me when I'm with my boyfriend and apologizes for interrupting my time with him (and she knows who I'm with and my relatinoship with him), you know I'm lucky.

When I have a wife who is attending a medical conference soon and one of the courses she signed up for is GLBT health issues, you know how really lucky I am.

I have seen how other guys' wives handle the "coming out" issue. I've seen some of the disasters that ensue. I feel like I'm living some sort of alternate universe because I've had none of that.

There is no one who appreciates the enormity of my life now more than me. I am truly, truly blessed.

but hope you can walk straight as a result.... LOL... and THANKS for the great job you are doing in the Gallery. Hope to see you in September.

DD

Sorry DD. I'm trying to give up doing anything straight. LOL

But walking straight made me think of one of the greatest of all the Monty Python skits -- The Ministry of Silly Walks.

[video=youtube;IqhlQfXUk7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

I'm hoping for September too.

Do not think a thing about it, your Grace. I hope you are doing well.

And as an update, yes I had a wonderful birthday. I have always hated my birthday. I have had only one birthday that I remember at all, and it was my 13th birthday, when my parents drove me from DC to NY to see the team I loved as a child, the San Francisco Giants, play against the Mets. And I got to see Willie Mays, and Willie McCovey play. And Juan Marichal pitched that day. And came within a foot of grabbing a foul ball off of Willie May's bat. And Russia invaded Czechoslovakia (although I don't think that was related :) ).

As an adult, each year was pretty much the same as the previous and the next. I was simply walking through my life, dull and boring. But this year, my first gay birthday, was special. So many greetings from new friends. PM's, texts, phone calls from everyone I consider dear in my life now. An amazing afternoon with my bf. And a wonderful dinner with my wife (who has been so supportive of me during my coming out it is unbelievable) and son. There was not one sour note the whole day. I will remember and cherish yesterday, much like I remember and cherish my 13th birthday, forever. It really was that special.

Now today is another matter. What in the hell am I supposed to do with all this damned leftover birthday cake? And don't get into the chocolate covered oreos my son got me for my bday. I will be in the gym forever to pay for this.

Were you really cruising baseball players when you were a mere child of 13? Now that you've expanded your horizons, one question--Who don't you cruise?

Cake and oreos is not an issue--plenty of non-gym exercise and non-fattening nourishment.

Axiom, hope your medical issue is doing fine. If you need an aide, I know this marvelous professional who'd be willing to "assist you". You certainly wouldn't be thinking about any ailments.

Boston Bill

Now Rossini, that would have been a sour note.
That's right... Smart move! Irritate the guy wielding the flogger... and to begin your punishment... and to paraphrase the Soup Nazi, "No Wagner for you!"

You get the uncut Semiramide instead... or do you prefer your Semiramide cut?

Archived