Lucy's 100th birthday

mmk123
This topic is 4683 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

did anyone watch any of the various Lucille Ball marathon's on either METV, Hallmark or TCM. I watched some of her old movies and some were very good. Saw Stage Door again and loved it. Finally watched the Big Street with Henry Fonda and it was sad in so many respects. Loved the catfight in Dance, Girl, Dance with Maureen O'Hara and laughed out loud when I watched Easy to Wed with Esther Williams and Van Johnson.

She was very beautiful in her younger, starlet days. I was upset that TCM did not rerun "Five Came Back", where she played a survivor in a plane crash.

I watched some of the Hallmark marathon - but they were basically just playing the Hollywood, Europe, and the end-of-the-series Connecticut country house episodes - most of my favorites take place in the good old NYC apartment building. (Though nothing beats that episode where Lucy does the tango with Ricky, him unaware that she has eggs hidden inside her clothes...)

Ball was just uncanny as a comic. I think sometimes we take her for granted. But there must be some reason we never tire of watching her. Amazing. Happy birthday, Lucy.

Archived