Air France 447

Karl-G
This topic is 4706 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What I find most shameful is that the crash is being attributed primarily to the pilots and secondarily to Air France, Airbus, and Thales (the manufacturer of the defective speed sensors). Air France, Airbus, and Thales need to be held accountable for putting those three pilots in the situation that caused the crash.

There is no and cannot be any happy outcome to this accident. Virtually everyone named had some complicity in the sad result. I think it all but impossible to "train" pilots for each and every possible situation, therefore, only the "ace of the base" could have solved this problem and saved the aircraft and passengers. Pilots are trained to a high degree of proficiency but not to "ace" standards and we must accept this as being normal or not fly. Also, it is impossible to have each and every bit of instrumentation be perfect at all times, it is very regrettable that the pitot tubes were not "flagged" for removal and replacement by Airbus or Thales or someone but, remember, no aircraft ever flies with everything working perfectly and never will. I know that sounds strange but some systems and some items are more important than others. If the #3 galley oven is not working, can the repair of it not be deferred until a "convenient" time to repair it? I am not trying to be silly but there are many items that do not directly affect the safety of flight that can be deferred for a short amount of time. With the benefit of retrospection, it can become obvious which ones should not have been.

Don't fly and you will not be exposed to any dangers of flight but you will also not be the beneficiary of the advantages of getting there sooner, etc. Only you can make a reasonable determination.

Best regards,

KMEM

Archived