NYSC locations

Zapped
This topic is 4836 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm living temporarily on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and working out at the NYSC at 94th and Broadway. It's being renovated and sometimes it's impossible to get a treadmill. So I thought I'd visit some of the other locations. Also thought there might be more interesting steam-room activities in, say, Chelsea or the Village, although I've been pleasantly surprised by some of the playing I've seen at my local spot. So any feedback on Manhattan NYSCs, both the gyms and the locker rooms, would be much appreciated.

Have you checked the Equinox on 92th and Broadway

2465 Broadway

New York, NY 10025

http://www.equinox.com/clubs/ClubTour.aspx?clubID=118

I visited recently one of their other locations on 76th and Amsterdam and they have a great space for cardio machines a free weights. I avoid rush hour.

For steam room activities check David Barton gym (AYOR)

Thanks, Steve. But I already belong to NYSC and can use their other locations for free. I might think about switching, but Equinox is much more expensive, and I love the personal trainer I'm working with at NYSC. So days I'm just doing cardio and/or working out on my own, I thought I'd check out the other NYSC locations.

I use two of the NYSC locations regularly - Broadway & 80th and Broadway & 76th. Also occasionally 73rd between Columbus and Central Park West. I've never checked out the saunas, however. Each of those facilities have their own distinctive advantages.

I have used NYSC at W80/Broadway in the past, and found it very cruisy. For some reason, 'happy hour' on Fridays at their steam room was very active. Some guys never left the locker room to go work out (in the gym, that is).

Recently, I switched to Equinox where I frequent the W76/Amsterdam location, which is their 'flagship' and splendid, and W92/Broadway. The latter has a more mature crowd. I find Equinox very well-managed and definitely worth the premium pricing.

Amazing that so many of you live / work out on the upperwestside! Maybe we should plan a post-workout reunion at the Candle Bar (except that I don't drink booze)

Archived