Silverado - Portland

OneFinger
This topic is 4828 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Had a chance last night to go to the Silverado in Portland. Hadn't been there in about 10 years and they're in a little different location.

The biggest change is that they are smoke free. A big plus from my last visit. I think the bar is smaller than their previous location which is a shame. It was wall-to-wall people last night.

The main stage is a little small and usually hosts 2 dancers at a time. There is also a smaller stage on the main floor for a single dancer. There are always 3 dancers at a time in the downstairs area. There is also a small bar upstairs where I "think" there is also a small stage. But, it's not open to the general public (don't know why). When I paid my $3 cover charge I wasn't given an option of purchasing access to that area.

The beer there is very cold and they have a good selection. There's also mixed drinks. But, I was really surprised that they do NOT have table servers. If you want a drink you have to walk up to the bar and order it. I personally would have had more drinks if I didn't have to wait in the line and "hope" my table was still available when I returned.

There was a good variety of dancers. Some muscle guys, twinks, Latino, boy-next-door, etc. However, most of the guys were heavily inked which is not my preference. The dancers are never totally nude but often flash a hard cock shot. All of the dancers seemed to be very well endowed.

Music was loud and I couldn't understand a thing the DJ said when making announcements. But, I still enjoyed the scenery.

The location is close to the main downtown area and safety was not a concern. On-street parking, of course, is limited and you'd probably have to use a pay lot. Mass transit is close but I decided to walk the few blocks from my hotel.

Enjoyable evening and the dancers seemed to enjoy the interaction with the audience. They really tried to please. About 25% of the crowd were RGs (real girls). The dancers treated them with the same respect as the men and they seemed to go out of their way NOT to favor women over men or vice versa.

Will probably visit Silverado again when I have an opportunity.

Jack, I believe you are thinking of Three Sisters. The bar closed a few years ago, but they used to have dancers that were nude. As a result, they had some restrictions on their liquor license (I think they could only serve beer and wine).

OneFinger, thanks for the update. I haven't been to Portland in quite awhile. The last time I was there, the upstairs was open to all, so that's an interesting change. Wonder if it is more of a 'VIP' area?

Jack, I "thought" it was totally nude at Silverado the last time I was there.

Never went to Three Sisters, blondeq, so I don't think I'm getting the two confused. But, the change could very well be due to new laws concerning nudity and liquor. That's the way it is where I live. While we don't have male strip clubs, the female variety can only be totally nude if there is no alcohol served.

Glad you guys appreciate the update. I really enjoy this site because you can get up-to-date info.

Archived