Weeding the Sort Results

gp0560
This topic is 4850 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is there a way to weed out the Sort results list? By this I mean that I want to remove items from the results list without deleting them from my computer. My purpose is to narrow down the Sort results to only the items that I really want to check out, and I can't use the Sort criteria to do so.

I use Windows 7 and Chrome.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Is there a way to weed out the Sort results list? By this I mean that I want to remove items from the results list without deleting them from my computer. My purpose is to narrow down the Sort results to only the items that I really want to check out, and I can't use the Sort criteria to do so.

I use Windows 7 and Chrome.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Since you're worried about not removing something from your computer it almost sounds like you're asking a Windows Explorer question, except I've never heard the term "sort results" there either.

Have you made up a new term to describe something? Can you tell us how you got where you are so we can guess at it? :)

If you're so smart, how come you can't read my mind? <lol>

Since you're worried about not removing something from your computer it almost sounds like you're asking a Windows Explorer question, except I've never heard the term "sort results" there either.

Have you made up a new term to describe something? Can you tell us how you got where you are so we can guess at it? :)

Oops, sorry, yet another senior moment. Not "SORT results," of course not. How about "SEARCH results"? Here, let me start all over again --

Is there a way to weed out the SEARCH results list? By this I mean that I want to remove items from the results list without deleting them from my computer. My purpose is to narrow down the SEARCH results to only the items that I really want to check out, and I can't use the SEARCH criteria to do so.

Less bewildering now?

Since search doesn't have anything to do with any browser-specific functionality and is something provided by the forum software (if that's what you're talking about), no I don't think so. If you could narrow the contents of search results, they're no longer search results.

The usual way to narrow search results (here, or on Google, or in Windows Explorer....) is to narrow the search criteria and re-run the search.

Archived