Sleep deprivation

josephga
This topic is 4850 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've got to jump on the sleep apena band wagon. I first became aware of my sleep apena which was initially caused by sinus drainage which caused my uvula to swell and obstruct my airway.

Once the sinus issue was fixed I still had sleep problems and eventually ended up on a CPAP. That has been the best thing that happened to me.

And, sleep apena isn't always weight-related. I've recently lost almost 100 lbs and my weight is now "normal" for my height and age. Even with the weight loss my breathing is so shallow when I fall asleep that I still need the CPAP.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wetnwildbear

Having deal with all of that . . .

iv had colon cancer, diagnosed with cluster headaches in 06 that one was the worse of them all pain wise, TMJ, IBS at 14. Then MS in early 09 only thing I haven't had is a std or those childhood stuff like chicken pox, or mumps

Joseph -

Having dealt with all of that you described - Sleep Apnea is a nothing, compared to what you have conquered and

are dealing with. However, it has serious consequences if ignored and may impact your other health concerns.

The test is no big deal - they attach some wires to you - add a pulse/oxygen meter to your finger and you go

to sleep in depending on the testing location either a hospital or a regular double bed. There is TV, beverages and

snacks. The Tech wakes you around 6:30 am takes off the wires - there is usually a private bath too shower and

they either give you breakfast or a voucher (if in a hospital lab) for breakfast.

Archived