I am tiered. World AIDS day

seaboy4hire
This topic is 4942 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a message and it's going to be short and simple. EDUCATE YOUR FUCKING SELF'S! Quit with the G-d damn backwards thinking of you can catch hiv/aids by kissing, rimming or sharing the food or eating utensils of someone who is. I'm not kidding this stupid way of thinking is still going around and it is 2010 soon to be 2011. Quit being ignorant and pull your heads out of your asses. Thanks all.

Hugs,

Greg

Guest greatness

I have kissed HIV+ guys many times and even slept with them. I am still negative! Let's be open minded. Kisses and hugs~~~

I have a message and it's going to be short and simple. EDUCATE YOUR FUCKING SELF'S! Quit with the G-d damn backwards thinking of you can catch hiv/aids by kissing, rimming or sharing the food or eating utensils of someone who is. I'm not kidding this stupid way of thinking is still going around and it is 2010 soon to be 2011. Quit being ignorant and pull your heads out of your asses. Thanks all.

Hugs,

Greg

Not sure who your message is directed to here Greg. I think most of us in the gay community are - and have been for sometime - aware of these things.

There will always be ignorant people on the planet and no matter how much education is available - they will always remain ignorant.

Hope you're well! :)

Complacency seems to be in vogue when it comes to HIV/AIDS. Far too many folks think that they cannot get the virus; they think themselves to be invincible. A lack of being educated as to the prevention has also become prevalent, too. And during the past eight months, many state governments have frozen or abolished funds to the education and prevention arenas. I know this has definitely happened in the State of California.

Last evening I went to a wonderful commemoration program on WORLD AIDS DAY 2010 which was held at our local university. Approximately 50 folks attended, mostly being the young college students. I appreciated their presence immensely, but when it came time to share--many of these youngsters who were born and have lived during the era of HIV/AIDS commented that they knew little about the disease. This was surprising to me, and since I've developed educational materials pertaining to HIV/AIDS and have served on three Boards related to HIV/AIDS Education and Prevention and other related areas-- I'd really wanted to arrange a special time with these students to give them an HIV/AIDS Workshop and to sanction their going out and educating others on campus as well as within their wider community.

These young adults seemed sincere in wanting to know and get involved and to pass the word as well as act responsibly when it came to sex. I tacitly appreciated this from them.

i get what youre saying greg. One of my biggest concerns with this are those who treat HIV like it's now a totally manageable disease, which can lead to irresponsible sexual behavior if folks think it's only a 'pill a day' to combat it. In addition to education, I'd like for more young people to really understand what it means to contract it and then not have the ability to treat it. Unless your living in a city that is progressive, there are lots of places that still offer no help to those diagnosed with HIV, but without the money or knowledge to treat it.

Archived