Salvador?

EastbayMike
This topic is 3963 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Heading back to Rio in February to celebrate my 50th birthday. Going to spend some time in Salvador as well. I did a search of the forums but most of the Salvador posts are dated. Anyone with info on Saunas in Salvador, both in general and those with rentboys? Any hotel or other general tips?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
My trip is four weeks away so I thought I'd bump this thread. GTB doesn't have much current info. Any info on saunas in Salvador (with or without rent boys) would be appreciated.

http://bahiaboybrasil.com is a professional tour guide in Bahia. I've been in communication with him during the past three years but have never used his services or expertise directly. Contact him with your query. Perhaps if I were you, I'd used his services for 4 to 8 hours depending on your interests for your first cultural and sexual adventures. I, personally, found his listed rates for guiding to be reasonable, and if you can't speak Brazilian Portuguese or Espanol, his assistance and guidance would come in handy. He would steer you in the right directions as for as saunas go, too.

I've visited Bahia (Salvador) twice, but I did not desire to go to any of the saunas; I was saving myself -:) for Rio de janeiro experiences. My guide was obtained through Carlo, a native who was once at this site. He'd desired to have me undertake the sauna experience while in his city, but I did not want to. When I return in (I hope October of 2011, this year, I will go to one or two of the saunas in Salvador, Bahia!)

But again, check out Fernando's wonderful website and get in touch with him via email. His emails to me were clear and concise and personable.

Hi EastbayMike,

I'll be in Brazil including Salvador in March, and have been mining various forums for quite some time. Here is a helpful recent post about saunas in Salvador I copy-pasted from somewhere. I apologize to the author for not citing him.

"In my last visit in Salvador, last december and march, I visited sauna PARADISE in Rua Leoni Ramos, 59 Barra. Modern place with various flats. It is near the beach main street, same place where you can eat and listen to music the night. As for garotos, I didn't appreciate a lot. I didn't find any of my choice. I have been to the Sauna FOX in Rua das Rosas, 682, in Pituba, an area far from the central parts of the city. You can take a bus from the Pelourinho area, asking if they go to Pituba, and stop at the angle of Rua Paul VI. Modern and nice place, still result, I didn't like the people, maybe I was late or was not a good day. The place I liked is Sauna PLANETARIO 11, in Rua Joao Duarte, 11, Tororò; walking distance from the Pelourinho or av. 9 Setembro, the ancient area of the city. The place is old and small, but seem to have nicest boys, comparing with the taste we are accostumed in Rio, even if much less amount. Best time from 5pm to 10 pm. Standard 50 reais, some ask 70 but agree for 50, some desperate propose for 40. Remebre you have always to make a deal in advance with details of the performance. Have fun, but always take care. Salvador is mostly unsafe at night if you are alone."

Please share if you come by anything, and since I'll be there after you - I'd appreciate updated reports.

Enjoy...

Hi EastbayMike,

I'll be in Brazil including Salvador in March, and have been mining various forums for quite some time. Here is a helpful recent post about saunas in Salvador I copy-pasted from somewhere. I apologize to the author for not citing him.

"In my last visit in Salvador, last december and march, I visited sauna PARADISE in Rua Leoni Ramos, 59 Barra. Modern place with various flats. It is near the beach main street, same place where you can eat and listen to music the night. As for garotos, I didn't appreciate a lot. I didn't find any of my choice. I have been to the Sauna FOX in Rua das Rosas, 682, in Pituba, an area far from the central parts of the city. You can take a bus from the Pelourinho area, asking if they go to Pituba, and stop at the angle of Rua Paul VI. Modern and nice place, still result, I didn't like the people, maybe I was late or was not a good day. The place I liked is Sauna PLANETARIO 11, in Rua Joao Duarte, 11, Tororò; walking distance from the Pelourinho or av. 9 Setembro, the ancient area of the city. The place is old and small, but seem to have nicest boys, comparing with the taste we are accostumed in Rio, even if much less amount. Best time from 5pm to 10 pm. Standard 50 reais, some ask 70 but agree for 50, some desperate propose for 40. Remebre you have always to make a deal in advance with details of the performance. Have fun, but always take care. Salvador is mostly unsafe at night if you are alone."

Please share if you come by anything, and since I'll be there after you - I'd appreciate updated reports.

Enjoy...

12is12 gave some timely information related to SAUNAS--an answer to your query. He also mentioned that "Salvador is mostly unsafe at night if you are alone." Although I easily blend in with the locals and have had no problems in any parts of Brazil, my advice is to take taxis at night while in Salvador--the same as one would do while in Rio and Sao Paulo.

A site that will give you some basic but quite helpful information is: http://www.bahia-online.net. There's information about how to avoid getting ripped off as well as being robbed+ loads of valuable info.

Have a great, great trip. ...wish I were traveling to my favorite country during this time, but it will have to wait until October. <I truly hopes NOTHING happens which will impede my taking this anticipated holiday.>

FloridaRob, could you please elaborate, especially given that it's not 'just' gay. I'm also intrigued by your comment about "nice" people; usually in such non-personal circumstances there isn't the opportunity to find out if they're nice...

• 2 years later...
http://bahiaboybrasil.com is a professional tour guide in Bahia. I've been in communication with him during the past three years but have never used his services or expertise directly. Contact him with your query. Perhaps if I were you, I'd used his services for 4 to 8 hours depending on your interests for your first cultural and sexual adventures. I, personally, found his listed rates for guiding to be reasonable, and if you can't speak Brazilian Portuguese or Espanol, his assistance and guidance would come in handy. He would steer you in the right directions as for as saunas go, too.

I've visited Bahia (Salvador) twice, but I did not desire to go to any of the saunas; I was saving myself -:) for Rio de janeiro experiences. My guide was obtained through Carlo, a native who was once at this site. He'd desired to have me undertake the sauna experience while in his city, but I did not want to. When I return in (I hope October of 2011, this year, I will go to one or two of the saunas in Salvador, Bahia!)

But again, check out Fernando's wonderful website and get in touch with him via email. His emails to me were clear and concise and personable.

A friend of mine is currently in Salvador {Bahia}, Brasil; his guide is Fernando, but Fernando's contact info. has changed on this page. He has a Facebook page--Fernando Bingre http://www.Facebook.com and can be reached via http://TripAdvisor.com. Type in Salvador, Brazil (destination) and proceed. His photos and info. will grace the side of the screen!

Archived