A friend "passes on...

BuckyXTC
This topic is 7926 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

RE: A friend

Bucky: Here is the "Rainbow Bridge" narrative that I mentioned.

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.......

Author unknown...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heartfelt sympathies. I have been through your paces and there are no words to describe the pain. I have a dog and a cat and they are often my consolation ... such devout love without any selfish motive.

Be comforted in the years of loving company you gave each other and the happy experiences you both enjoyed.

Dan,

Belated condolences on the passing of your friend. Our 'pets' become such a part of our daily lives and its so hard when we lose them, even if we're 'expecting' it. I've had several dogs over the years (and one now, who's beating me on the knee with her toy ;-) ) and putting them down has been among the toughest experiences of my life (right up there with losing family to illness). I cry every time...:'(

Sorry about the lateness in responding to your post (I'm discovering moving to be an unpleasant chaotic experience!), I've been thinking about you and will continue to do so...

Alan

Dear Friend, Just a note to offer you my sincere condolonces on your friends passing. I have an 8 year old lab who is the love of my life, I have no idea how I will manage when her time comes. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing what a great life he or she had for 13 years and also that his/her passing was without great suffering. I know its hard to imagine right know, but as time goes on you will feel better, and believe it or not, when your ready, you may be able to find another friend who will love you as much and you will love him or her just as much. My best to you. Jeff

Hello Suntan:

Thank you for the printing of "The Rainbow Bridge". I have forwarded it to a few friend who are currently mourning the passing of special pals and thank you for the comfort you have provided me and them.

It made me consider all the pals I have had and I look forward to a very crowded Rainbow Bridge filled with love and questionless acceptance.

Thanks again,

Houston Bonfires:)

Archived