Guidance Rrequested for Cambodia and Laos

12is12
This topic is 4966 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi,

I'll be visiting these two countries in November, and would very much appreciate any info and recommendations about venues for action in:

1) Siem Reap: in general, and speicifically reagrding MEN's hotel and Linga Bar/Spa.

2) Luang Prabang: in general, and specifically regarding Khob Chai Bar.

3) Vientiane.

Thanks.

The only guidance I can give you, is to go to these places expecting to enjoy the history and culture first and foremost. Siem Reap and the surrounding area is astounding. I assume you plan to hire a guide and driver...have them take you to some of the farther-flung, less visited temples like Beng Mealea.

I loved Luang Prabang because it is so peaceful. Visit Kuang Sii waterfall and take a boat up the river to Pak Ou and the cave shrines.

Vientiane I did not really enjoy. Partly because I had just been in LP for 5 days so anything would have been a letdown after that. It is fairly walkable though.

"Venues for action" are very few and far between, and certainly nothing like Thailand.

Siem Reap: Never have heard of MEN's hotel. Linga Bar is a nice small place but not a lot of action the last time I was there. It is directly across the walking street from the Spa. Only one boy to pick and he was a very nelly little thing. This was a week night so it may be more busy on the weekend. This report is one year old.

I have to say that it has been a few years since I was in Siem Reap and a couple of years since Laos. But all I know is that Linga Bar in SR has some money boys around. If you arrive alone they will likely swoop in and start a conversation. The bars in Phnom Penh like Blue Chili are the same way. There is no real open commercial sex scene a la the go-gos and M4M massage places in Thailand. I believe there may be a sauna type place in Phnom Penh. You should take a look at http://www.stickyrice.ws for some listings.

Luang Prabang has a small gay community but no real venues that I am aware of. The bar you mention is not strictly speaking a gay bar. The evening I was there it was a laid-back mixed crowd. They show movies on DVD there...it was one of the Bourne movies the night I was there. Some very cute wait staff but I didn't get the impression that any of them were necessarily available for anything other than getting your drink order.

If you are going to SE Asia just looking for sex venues you will need to go to Thailand and to a much lesser extent Kuala Lumpur or the Philippines or maybe Singapore for a massage parlour or two.

But that doesn't mean you should skip Laos and Cambodia. The people are generally very nice and the places are beautiful and interesting to visit. But as I said you really need to be going there for the culture and history, not sex.

Expreiences from Siem Reap from May this year

I visited the Linga Bar on a weeknight - 2 boys. The one I chose was dark skinned and gorgeous to look at; very nice...great massage and was willing to be serviced - although he wanted to be discrete which was fine.

I also visited the Bodha spa and found a cute masseur who gave me a hand job but that was it.

Finally an experience in the Amrita Spa. They had a muscular male masseur who started a great massage. When I asked about extras he promptly ripped off his clothes and was ready for mutual fondling and a BJ..but that was as far as he would go.

All in all not much action as in Thailand..but if you look you will also find in Seam Reap

Best

RickinOC

Luang Prabang

Visited there several years ago. The people are very friendly in Laos, and the guys are handsome and attentive, even the buddhist monks. Everyone wanted to speak to us because they wanted to practice their English and get help with their education costs. There were a couple of gay bars but we didn't go to either. Experience the massage and sauna at the Salvation Army. For several dollars, you'll get 30 minute massage and a sauna. If you get a male therapist, you could get a "happy ending." And the sauna is an trip...30 men stuffed in a small sauna...it can get very suggestive. Our friend met someone there, and we didn't see him for a couple of days!

Archived