Sleepsacks

Guest Spanky
This topic is 4993 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Spanky

Anyone have much experience playing with sleepsacks? For some time I've thought about buying one because, well, they seem to offer the potential for some pretty hot fun. Is it worth the considerable expense to buy a leather one? Or are the less expensive rubber/spandex/neoprene options just as good?

Of course, it's a given that any of them should have a certain number of strategically placed openings.

Thanks guys!

First of all if one of the types of materials is a specific turn on then you would want that material because they each have a very specific feel.. So even though spandex is less expensive it of course might be more desirable for those with a lycra fetish. But if you can enjoy any of the materials then you might want to consider a few other aspects of the materials other than upfront costs.

Leather is very durable and a leather sleepsack will probably outlast other materials and will certainly hold up to the roughest play. Of course when it comes to thoroughly cleaning it on occasion or after getting it really messed up then cleaning can be a chore or expensive. Leather can be repaired and patched and openings or buckles and hooks can be added. While the end result may not be perfect even an amateur leather worker could probably do it without fear of completely destroying the sleepsack.

Spandex or Lycra or various blends of lycra and other fibers are often much less expensive but will probably not last nearly as long as leather, though cleaning is trivial. Repairs are fairly easy but often don't look or feel right unless you are really skilled. Spandex is pretty forgiving as far as sizing, not too expensive even for a custom made item and available in nearly every color, pattern and cut.

Latex, silicones and certain other rubbers have a special feel that you just won't get with anything else. Latex is easy to clean up from routine messes but can be easily destroyed by oils, and many other things including sharp fingernails. Repairing or modifying latex items can be very difficult, impossible or at least impractical. Latex doesn't breath much so one gets very wet with prespiration but the latex also doesn't provide much thermal insulation so it is possible to be sweaty and cold at the same time depending on your play environment.

Neoprene is fairly durable, pretty easy to care for and to clean. But it does need to be cleaned because many neoprenes become quite stinky fairly quickly. Luckily this is as easy as washing in a wetsuit soap in the bathtub or soaking in a vinegar/water solution. In my opinion repair and modification are not as easy as spandex or leather but much more practical than with latex. Neoprene provides for better or worse a lot of insulation and can get very warm fast.

Sleepsacks can be found in various other industrial rubbers, some which are very durable and also in various fabrics such as canvas which can be very practical. I've even seen a chainmail sleep sack.

As far as openings, that of course varies. There are some people who enjoy the idea of complete enclosure in a smooth unbroken sack and of course some have endless openings and buckles. Some sleepsacks are fitted and others adjustable. Some can be combined with a vacuum pump and others have a double wall construction allowing air to be pumped between the two layers which forces the inner wall against your skin for an unparalleled skintight feeling. Some of these are designed to only go to the neck, or to cover the head except mouth and yet others require use of a breathing tube.

Some sleepsacks have inner sleeves to keep the arms imobilized.

Some are designed so that they can be suspended from an overhead hook.

Anyone have much experience playing with sleepsacks? For some time I've thought about buying one because, well, they seem to offer the potential for some pretty hot fun. Is it worth the considerable expense to buy a leather one? Or are the less expensive rubber/spandex/neoprene options just as good?

Of course, it's a given that any of them should have a certain number of strategically placed openings.

Thanks guys!

Guest Spanky

Wow. Thank you Raul. That's really hepful info though it will probably make me spin around analyzing the options so much that I'll end up with nothing. Too much thinking isn't always a good thing.

You really are like the living breathing S&M Wikipedia. When you mentioned canvas I thought for certain you were going to say that you've made your own.

You really are like the living breathing S&M Wikipedia. When you mentioned canvas I thought for certain you were going to say that you've made your own.
Well, if he hasn't done so already... he most likely has already configured the design. As I have said before, Raul's many talents know no bounds!

Guest Spanky
Wow, that video at the end of the ad is really something. Looks like it's really a "non-sleep" sack!

Yeah it's really not named appropriately is it? Should be something like a torture sack. Can you imagine being bound up in that, having your ass tanned, then getting turned over and getting some serious CBT?

Archived