Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given this banter has gone on for a bit time, I wonder Watt I've gotten myself into . . .

You got your revenge on me, that's Watt. :D

Your post set me to re-listening to this Firesign Theatre album for the segment where, in their quest to recover the stolen Zeppo Tube, the protagonists press deep into the jungles of Sumatra to the Temple of Ampere Watt. Cue sounds of sparking & arcing.

You got your revenge on me, that's Watt. :D

Your post set me to re-listening to this Firesign Theatre album for the segment where, in their quest to recover the stolen Zeppo Tube, the protagonists press deep into the jungles of Sumatra to the Temple of Ampere Watt. Cue sounds of sparking & arcing.

Oh WOW, AS, that takes me back to a watershed moment in my ancient University days when a small group of our college choir were sitting in a hallway by the practice rooms (waiting for something, not Godot, though!o_O) as a (hunky baritone!) fellow choir member regaled us with FT's "Nick Danger, Third Eye!" (a noir radio play) he enacted completely by memory, (doing all the voices and interpretations from the original LP version by the FT, and very well, as I found later when I found it on the 'B' side of their 1969 LP of "How Can You be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All") I thought he was wonderful (I mean the baritone - I must have had a crush!) and he told me the name Firesign Theatre, and that skit, which I searched out in the record store (yeah, we had those then!:eek:) and purchased, to my great enjoyment. I now have the CD of the original Columbia master recording:

TruHart1 :cool:

Oh WOW, AS, that takes me back to a watershed moment in my ancient University days when a small group of our college choir were sitting in a hallway by the practice rooms (waiting for something, not Godot, though!o_O) as a (hunky baritone!) fellow choir member regaled us with FT's "Nick Danger, Third Eye!" (a noir radio play) he enacted completely by memory, (doing all the voices and interpretations from the original LP version by the FT, and very well, as I found later when I found it on the 'B' side of their 1969 LP of "How Can You be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All") I thought he was wonderful (I mean the baritone - I must have had a crush!) and he told me the name Firesign Theatre, and that skit, which I searched out in the record store (yeah, we had those then!:eek:) and purchased, to my great enjoyment. I now have the CD of the original Columbia master recording:

TruHart1 :cool:

Fuck motherfuck shit piss fuck!

You get it. I will produce more. :cool: