Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having retired from the medical profession ... never mind.

I could and probably should write a book about the stupid things patients say and do. I have learned to be as specific as possible in my instructions. I don't write down "1 patch every 3 days." I write "Replace every 72 hours (3 days)". I don't tell women with bacterial vaginosis to have some yogurt, I tell them "eat some yogurt," because, yes, I did have one woman put yogurt into her vagina. Another time a mother brought in a patient with a broken arm. I sent the patient right to the orthopedic clinic that afternoon, telling the mother to make sure not to feed her child before the visit, because the child might need surgery that day. Well, the surgery didn't take place that day, because the orthopedist came in to see the child eating a sandwich. When the orthopedist asked "Didn't Dr. Unicorn tell you not to eat before coming in?" the mother responded "Yes, that's why I waited until the visit to feed my child!".

Ooops. Missed a day.

Teaching math since the 1950’s

1. Teaching Math In 1950s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

2. Teaching Math In 1960s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In1970s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

4. Teaching Math In 1980s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 1990s

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20.

What do you think of this way of making a living?

Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok. )

6. Teaching Math In 2009

Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

(from Google: A logger sells a truckload of maderapara $ 100. The cost of production is $ 80. How much money has he done?)

7. Teaching Math In 2013

Who cares, just steal the lumber from your rich neighbor's property. He won't have a gun to stop you, and it's OK anyway cuz it's redistributing the wealth.