Is Matthew Wilder openly gay?

This topic is 4981 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was watching a program on "One-hit wonders of the 80s" when they played a video of Matthew Wilder playing his hit "Break my stride". I'd never seen him before, and couldn't imagine anyone looking more faggity in that video. Yet he sang "Never met another girl like you..." which implied that he wasn't out at the time. I haven't been able to figure out from Wikipedia if he ever came out. Anyone here know if he did?

apparently not, as you would have found that information on Google if he was (openly gay). Remember androgyny was big in the 80's. It is possible that he does not disclose his orientation publicly, he seems to be a music producer these days. (maybe that is a bad profession to be openly gay in)...dunno

Unfortunately....a lot of us, gay and straight, looked like that in the 80's.

Not Moi...of course....I was too busy rocking the "Flock of Seagulls" look....

He has that tell-tale "I'm not quite done with the 70's" moustache though

...something that a REAL gay child of the 80's would NEVER have had!

Yet he sang "Never met another girl like you..." which implied that he wasn't out at the time.

No, that doesn't imply anything. Those are just the lyrics to a song. There's no requirement that he's actually singing about himself in reality. It's just a song.

Unfortunately....a lot of us, gay and straight, looked like that in the 80's.

Not Moi...of course....I was too busy rocking the "Flock of Seagulls" look....

He has that tell-tale "I'm not quite done with the 70's" moustache though

...something that a REAL gay child of the 80's would NEVER have had!

I was thinking that his mannerisms, not just his clothes or hairdo, looked ultra-gay. Or am I the only one who thinks that looking at this video? It wasn't just the clothes that let me know Liberace was gay (even though I think he never came out to his dying day).

I was thinking that his mannerisms, not just his clothes or hairdo, looked ultra-gay. Or am I the only one who thinks that looking at this video? It wasn't just the clothes that let me know Liberace was gay (even though I think he never came out to his dying day).

Liberace was GAY!!! who wodda thunk??? :) :)

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg
Liberace was GAY!!! who wodda thunk??? :) :)

Sorry for the slight detour here, but a great

from 40+ years ago.

Wonderful entertainers, both.

Archived