Login Issue

Greathands
This topic is 5050 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I started having a problem yesterday (Friday) when logging in to the message center.

I normally login automatically, using the "remember me" option. I had a problem with that several months ago, but Deej advised where to check. Somehow my cookies option became disabled.

Yesterday, it didn't automatically login. I typed in my screen name and password ... then saw the message "thank you for logging in greathands" and then was redirected to the message center.

However, at the top of the message center was the "if this is your first time ..." message and noticed that it didn't have the normal "Welcome, Greathands" message, and still had the login option at the top. Therefore, there wasn't an option to check new posts ... and in place was an option for today's posts.

I tried several times and found the same thing. I even tried my partner's pc and it was the same.

I again had the problem this morning.

When I tried again this afternoon, I tried clicking on the "Help" option ... and when I did ... voila, it logged me in correctly.

Same thing tonight. When I type in my screenname and password, I see the "thanks for logging in, greathands", but then in order to access my unread posts, profile, etc., I have to select the help option first.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Thanks!

Yeah, the sudden change gets me too. We didn't make any changes that I'm aware of on Friday.

I am aware of one "event" on Friday: GoDaddy released a massive block of corruption into the global DNS system. Many sites hosted at GoDaddy (and one of my domains hosted elsewhere but registered at GoDaddy) had major issues. (My domain suddenly wanted a user ID/password, but it's back to normal now.) This site is not hosted at GoDaddy and I doubt it's registered there, but that kind of corruption in the DNS database can take weeks to fully recover.

Have you tried tossing your cookies and clearing your cache?

Just tried deleting the cookies, temp internet files and the history ... but it still does the same thing.

Though I have found out that once I log in and select the "remember me" option ... all I have to do to log in is select the "help" button and it logs me in successfully. I don't have to enter the user name and password each time ... I just hit the "help" button.

I've had the same problem off and on all week using IE 8 on a Dell Laptop Vista Ultimate.

So I tried Firefoc 3.5.5 and it worked fine until today. I had the same problem with Firefox.

It took five or six tries before I could log in.

I am having the problem today.

Same questions to you.

What browser? (Version?) What OS? (Version?) What anti-virus software are y'all using?

We'll never figure it out without all the details we don't have, guys.

Archived