looking for an apartment in NYC for next 3 years

johnnyboy
This topic is 5090 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Within a few months i will be an expat in NYC for at least 3 years. I recently started the search for a 2 bedroom apartment in the upper east side, at least 1,000 sq ft. Budget $ 7.500 a month.

Any suggestions by private email would be appreciated.

You can start with sublet.com. They have about 600 postings on the upper east side. At the amount you stated, you should have no problem finding a 2 bedroom apartment in some of the choicest areas of that posh neighborhood.

A suggestion: look for a sublet in a condominium. They have a more stable environment. Be careful not to sublet in a co-op building. Doing it legally can be a pain (dealing with nosy, picky co-op boards is a real downer) and doing it legally can get you thrown out rather hastily.

Of course I have a nice one bedroom coop on the upper west side I'm looking to unload (but it's almost a handyman's special . . . . . )

Archived