R.I.P. Dennis Hopper

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 5107 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

RIP Dennis. You'll be greatly missed. Thanks for many unforgettable moments: 'Easy Rider,' 'Hoosiers,' 'Blue Velvet,' 'Speed' and another 150 films. You definitely left your mark on the film industry...and on our lives.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/504/dennishopperd.jpg

Easy Rider...

My very first date ever was to see Easy Rider. The movie was iconic then and still is. As a member of the generation that grew up with hippie/freaks (synonymous terms at the time), Hopper embodied that spirit. Watching the movie now takes me back to that time. He was true to himself; and there was a truth/honesty to the 60s and 70s that he projected. Although we knew his death was coming, it doesn't lessen the sadness. We've lost another one of the greats.

Republican Hopper Voted for Obama...

Surprisingly, wild-living Dennis Hopper was one of Hollywood's few remaining celebrity Republicans...but, interestingly, he voted for President Obama.

"I voted for Bush, father and son, but this time I'll vote for Obama," he was quoted telling a group of journalists in France prior to the 2008 election. "I was the first person in my family to have been Republican," he added. "For most of my life I wasn't on the left." He said he voted for Obama because he got fed up with "the Bush administration's lies." (His quote, not mine).

Rest in Peace, Dennis.

Archived