post-Rudy options in NYC?

SFViking
This topic is 7980 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After reading NYO's recent Gaiety review commenting again about the negative impact of women in the audience, I began to wonder if the scene post-Rudy will begin to loosen up somewhat. Will there be other options besides the Gaiety if it becomes too mixed for our taste?

From what I've read, Mayor Mike isn't quite as moralistic as was RG, but the laws are still on the books, so opening a new strip club would be difficult if not impossible.

If there is any genius to capitalism, tho, there should be a way to provide a desired commodity for a financial gain. (Beautiful men for $.)

Red and Stella's don't seem to quite replace the dearly departed Rounds or some of the other past venues of NY in days gone by.

The future?

There's a new party, only on Friday nights, with totally naked go-go dancers, live sex shows (ala the Black Party) and a back room (currently with a pool table on which I saw one very hot guy being plowed on his back by another guy standing up a week ago Friday). It started off at The Park (the restaurant/bar on 10th by the Roxy), but that closed the place down so currently it's downtown on Pearl Street between John and Maiden Lane. If I remember right - always a big if as the party doesn't really get going until around 2 am - it's 111 Pearl. The crowd is very mixed. Gym studs, fashion victims, older guys, East Village types, professionals - about a third good looking. It should be fun for about another 3 or 4 weeks.

Later.

Guest bluboy

T it started out at the Park??? That very chic restaurant sceney place? You have to be bullshitting me. What did they do close the restaurant after people went home and re-open for cock sucking and ass fucking whores? blu

Dude,

The party doesn't start until fairly late; and I wouldn't call The Park that chic. It is the closest thing (besides maybe Lotus and Bungalow 8) that I've seen since Zinc, Nells, Baton, etc. in the late Eighties. Horrible food with lots of "beautiful" people. Total scene.

Later.

PS. I wasn't at the party when it was at The Park, but down on Pearl Street two weeks ago, it was Pre-Rudy times again; and I'm a Republican.

Guest bluboy

Catnip did you go? How was it? I was going to drag my sorry ass way downtown but at the last minute could not be bothered. Let me know if i should go next week. blu

Shit, MY sorry ass was waiting for this hot fuck buddy to show up, who lamely bailed out at a late hour. By then, I was all bitter and not up for a long cab ride downtown, or, God forbid, the #2 train to Wall Street. Will try next Friday, since it might be good for a week or 2 more. BTW, HX says it's at 211 Pearl Street, though, not #111.

>>HX

>says it's at 211 Pearl Street, though, not #111.

Hey, at least I got 2 of the 3 numbers right. Definitely check it out as soon as you can. It was big fun 2 weeks ago. Friends say it wasn't at much so last weekend. I won't be able to make it back until sometime in Sept., by which time it will probably be over.

Later.

Yeah, I'm afraid it sort of over in terms of being a fun, no-holds-barred place. Checked it out around 2-ish last Friday and I thought I was at Wonderbar, minus the A/C. Lots (it was packed) of EVil. boys standing around with their friends seeing if anything was happening. Not much was, though the go-go boys were letting it all hang out. The back room looked like the front room.

Archived