Apple Don't 'llow No Buttfuckin' 'Round Here

SmallTownJohn
This topic is 5142 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ChgoBoy

Wtf?

For an app that is designed to promote and assist its users to participate in the very activities that its guidelines and rules prohibit seems very hypocritical to me.

I mean some of these restrictions are just downright ridiculous, considering the audience this app is directed to.

I wouldn't use this app simply out of it's contradictory guidelines and restrictions - when the app designer's purpose and target audience is otherwise.

Wasn't this app developed in Iran - of all places?

Guest ryan2552
I have had my iPhone - a GIFT - since it came out ...AND I HATE IT. I think I am the only one I know that does but I really can't navigate around the whole mess. Thinking about junking it for a Droid.

Android is an awesome OS. However, AT&T does not offer a reasonable Android device at the moment. You can however purchase the Nexus One with AT&T bands at http://www.google.com/phone

Guest ChgoBoy

Thanks for the link, but I don't understand this. And I suspect it's probably my lack of knowledge.

How can apple dictate a users behavior or actions when the phone and app is actually running on the At&T network? Once an app is loaded on your phone does Apple have any connection to it's functionability? If there were issues with content, wouldn't it be At&t that would lay down the gauntlet?

Ex: When I load a Microsoft program on my pc like word - Microsoft doesn't have any control as to what I write or images I might insert into my document using their software, so how does Apple dictate how an app can be used?

Thanks for the link, but I don't understand this. And I suspect it's probably my lack of knowledge.

How can apple dictate a users behavior or actions when the phone and app is actually running on the At&T network?

It doesn't and can't, but it does and can control apps that are available via the app store on iTunes INCLUDING RECALLING BANNED APPS. It's in the TOS you agreed to.

This won't last, and it may give Apple a minor black eye, but when you're the 800-pound gorilla in the room you pretty much get away with whatever strikes your fancy in the long run.

This will fuel the open source fanboy fervor for DROID apps, but as soon as a convicted child molester (or more likely what the media will refer to as a "ring") releases a public domain app aimed at luring children the tide will turn back in Apple's favor.

USians have a lot of growing up to do in the arena of "new media".

Guest ChgoBoy
It doesn't and can't, but it does and can control apps that are available via the app store on iTunes INCLUDING RECALLING BANNED APPS. It's in the TOS you agreed to.

That's interesting, thanks. I had always viewed, or at least thought of Apple as a developer friendly company, as apposed to an organization that wanted to define moral values and behavior on the web.

Seems to me that could very quickly become a slippery slope for them.

Archived