Theater in l.a. This week 3/29/2010

jackhammer91406
This topic is 5143 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

FIRST, congrats Lucky on the new forum.

Second,

Ok here is a thread from me (now get off my back...heheh)

Tonight my buddy and I will see DREAMGIRLS at the Ahmanson. Was very fond of the movie and have never seen a live production of this material, so I am looking forward to it.

This Friday we will be going out to see the touring production of HAIRSPRAY. I saw this in New York with the original Broadway cast so it will be interesting to see what the tour looks like.

Lastly, even though there is a thread about the Palm Springs Chapter Hoovillle meeting this past weekend, I just wanted to comment on the production of THE RITZ that we saw Saturday night. There were many funny and enjoyable aspects to this production, not the least of which was the performance of Lucky's bookie as the mafia hitman. Very funny. Lucky, make sure you pay on your bets.:D

L.A.

Thanks for trying to correct the title for me. I tried to edit it myself and couldn't.

As to the question regarding the production....yes it is, and it was great. The performer playing Effie was amazing as was the actor playing Jimmy Early. All of the rest of the cast was very good. The set design was very minimalistic and yet provided everything you could ask for. Costumes and costume changes were stunning.

Very happy we saw it.[/color][/size][/font]

Archived