Betty White coming to a new sitcom

EXPAT
This topic is 5187 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Betty White is to star in the new sitcom "Hot in Cleveland" on TVLand starting in June. It's their first original sitcom to air on that network.

This two minute clip is hilarious. Only Betty White could pull off those jokes and of course she does it with pure genius. And remember she is 88!!

http://www.queerty.com/caught-on-tape-evidence-betty-white-could-make-mahmoud-ahmadinejad-laugh-20100319/

What is interesting to me is how versatile a character actress she is (although admittedly limited from what I have seen to the genre of comedy). She avoided the typecasting of Sue Ann Nivens (from The Mary Tyler Moore Show) and played a very different character as Rose Nylund in The Golden Girls. This short clips has a bit of Sue Ann but appears to be quite different too, and very entertaining. I look forward to seeing the new series she is in (especially since I live in Cleveland). Very talented lady who I have heard has been known to use some salty language now and then (all in fun though).

Archived