Johnny Weir Too Gay for "Stars on Ice"?

JackTwist
This topic is 5191 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not Family Friendly?

That's too bad. Especially if Weir wanted to be part of the show. Did he? It would definitely be a more entertaining production--and one with more flair and excitement--if Johnny was skating in it. Perhaps now, Smuckers products aren't "family friendly" enough for my kitchen.

For the legal eagles out there, does this mean Weir has a cause of action? Seems to me that he doesn't and that the owners/producers of "Stars on Ice" made a business decision based on how Weir would impact the bottom line. If, in their view/judgement, it doesn't make sense for their business then why do it?

It probably was purely a business decision and they had every right to make it. That said, it's still disappointing to see Johnny be excluded IF it truly was because he might not appeal to someone's set of "family values." LGBT people (especially those who aren't closeted or straight-acting enough) are overlooked for job selection and promotions everyday just because of their sexual orientation. That's too bad.

Guest OCBeachbody

Ummmm when was "Stars on Ice" worried about family friendly? These people have blades on there feet!! Okay bade joke...

Still that is rather sad, he is entertaining, not that I am a huge figure skater fan (although hockey is figure skating..lol). It really sad that almost everything has too be family friendly nowadays.... I mean come on you can't keep your 12 year old in the womb forever..... I know I am a few years short of the guys born in the 70's but my older friends used to tell me of the "cool" stuff that was family friendly back then that would not pass in our "nanny" state now.

Ouch!

Follow the money

Isn't most of the "Stars on Ice" audience comprised of pre-teen girls and gay men? If so, wouldn't Johnny Weir would be a huge draw for this target market! Precisely whose "family friendly values" are they trying to appease, anyone?

I might be somewhat cynical but I imagine that if you follow the sponsors money you might have the source of the snub.

Archived