Rio de janeiro Layover at GIG -:)

Axiom2001
This topic is 5179 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Next month I will be flying from Buenos Aires (EZE) to Rio de janeiro (GIG) onward to Miami. I have approximately an eight hour layover at GIG. Since I have all of this time, is there a possibility that I could check my luggage and travel into Copacabana for some hot times at one of the saunas: Club 117 or Point 202?

Providing traffic is running smoothly in each direction-- would you guys venture to do this?

Arrival is around 14:00 and departure is 22:00.

Ok, Axiom. here's my advice: Delay your trip and spend at least the night in Rio. So close, yet so far at the airport. Any delay getting into or out of town will have you worried about missing your flight, so just relax and spend the night. Who knows when you will be back in Rio?

Ok, Axiom. here's my advice: Delay your trip and spend at least the night in Rio. So close, yet so far at the airport. Any delay getting into or out of town will have you worried about missing your flight, so just relax and spend the night. Who knows when you will be back in Rio?

Lucky, this is salient advice. What you relay was given thought after I'd booked the ticket. I've already paid a lot to change the initial ticket, but if it doesn't incur anymore tariff, I'd definitely take your advice, for what you cite is the very thing about which I worry: will I miss the return flight because of trafflic?

Guest davela

on Thurs. I went to 117 at 3 pm, and left the place at 6:15 pm, I took the taxi from there to GiG and arrived at the airport at 8:30 pm, the traffic was bad that day because of the rain, if your flight is at 22:00pm , I think it should be no problem.

Archived