Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

josephga
This topic is 5208 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Marie Osmond's teenaged son, Michael Blosil, has killed himself by leaping to his death around 9 p.m. Friday in Los Angeles, reports Entertainment Tonight, which quotes Marie's brother, Donny Osmond, as saying, "Please pray for my sister and her family." Through her rep, Marie Osmond released a statement Saturday. It says, “My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time.” According to ET, Michael left a note explaining he intended to end his life after a lengthy battle »

According to ET, Michael left a note explaining he intended to end his life after a lengthy battle »

"...with severe depression that left him, he said, feeling as if he had no friends and could never fit in."

There are rumours that Michael may have been gay and struggling with his sexual identity in the context of Mormonism. However, Marie actually has an openly gay daughter, Jessica, and did an interview last spring in which she came out in support of her and in favour of marriage equality.

http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-05-mormon-marie-osmond-supports-gay-marriage

So Very Sad

Michael Blosil, Marie's son, was a college freshman at FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising) here in LA. My condolences go out to the entire Osmond family as well as the family of Actor Andrew Koenig who also suffered from depression and died from suicide. It's been a terribly sad week in LA's entertainment industry. Too many young people are battling depression today. We must find better answers to help them.

Archived