Sometimes straight guys weird me out

MsGuy
This topic is 5255 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

At first, after reading the article, I thought "how could a father ever do such a thing?" .... and then I remeberred stories about Joe Kennedy and his sons .... then again, I think most Dads are like my Dad, just great understanding men who we certainly do confuse a lot .... But thank God for Dads like most of us have ... lets let them know this holiday season....

MsGuy-

It is really difficult to know what to think about this without knowing more. Certainly the incident as reported deserves censure at least; not sure about jail time.

What makes a good man good? It may or may not include understanding but the hoped for operative word has to be tolerance, doesn't it?

Best regards,

KMEM

Guest TBinCHI
MsGuy-

It is really difficult to know what to think about this without knowing more. Certainly the incident as reported deserves censure at least; not sure about jail time.

What makes a good man good? It may or may not include understanding but the hoped for operative word has to be tolerance, doesn't it?

Best regards,

KMEM

Why not jail time? As reported, the man forced his son to be in a room to have sex against his will with a woman and demanded proof of the deed. While he didn't rape him per se, he certainly facilitated a rape. Had he forced a 14 year old girl into a room with a man and demanded that they have sex against her will, there would be no question by anyone that he deserved jail time. Treating the situations differently just perpetuates stereotypes and double standards.

Why not jail time? As reported, the man forced his son to be in a room to have sex against his will with a woman and demanded proof of the deed. While he didn't rape him per se, he certainly facilitated a rape. Had he forced a 14 year old girl into a room with a man and demanded that they have sex against her will, there would be no question by anyone that he deserved jail time. Treating the situations differently just perpetuates stereotypes and double standards.

In the first place, I am not sure how you "force" a guy to have sex with a gal, reported "proof" or not. Do you mean if HE (the father) had forced a 14 yo girl to have sex?

From the limited story line and MsGuy's comments before my post, there simply was not much information available. I am not supporting boy-woman, man-girl, man-boy or any other variations of illegal sexual activity. It seems to me that motive and background information plays a very large part in any criminal prosecution. This guy may well spend time in the pokey but he won't be convicted by me from what little I read to start with.

Best regards,

KMEM

Archived