A nice snow story

foxy
This topic is 5287 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This snowstorm reminded me of a story a friend told me years ago.

He grew up in a farming community in Iowa. When he was a teenager his family was all excited about a wedding his cousin had planned a couple of days before Christmas. The ceremony was to be in a little church off in a field.

The day before the wedding there was a big snowstorm. The morning of the wedding was bright and sunny but all the roads were unplowed. Word spread around to the local farms and old horse drawn sleighs were pulled out of barns. The sleighs were dusted off, hitched up and driven around the countryside picking up guests.

The bride arrived in a sleigh pulled by a white horse wearing bells. He said it was the best wedding he ever attended.

Guest greatness

That's a wonderful story

What a beautiful wedding. I wish I could have one like that. :)

This snowstorm reminded me of a story a friend told me years ago.

He grew up in a farming community in Iowa. When he was a teenager his family was all excited about a wedding his cousin had planned a couple of days before Christmas. The ceremony was to be in a little church off in a field.

The day before the wedding there was a big snowstorm. The morning of the wedding was bright and sunny but all the roads were unplowed. Word spread around to the local farms and old horse drawn sleighs were pulled out of barns. The sleighs were dusted off, hitched up and driven around the countryside picking up guests.

The bride arrived in a sleigh pulled by a white horse wearing bells. He said it was the best wedding he ever attended.

Archived